Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 01:12 PM

320 posts, read 393,076 times

Advertisements

i'm bored so I decided to drive up there and see what all the fuss is about..

I'll give you my honest review when I return.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 01:58 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,370,597 times
It took me 3 trips before I "got it." So, depending on a variety of things, you might not be too impressed or you will have found "what all the fuss is about." Either way, I will be glad to answer any of your questions.

We moved up from southwest Broward April 2016. What really propelled us was that we got a killer deal on a house and, all in all, were able to save over 10K a year from where we were living at the time, Weston, Fl (west of downtown Ft. Lauderdale).

Old 08-22-2017, 03:58 PM

What's to get? It looked unkept and dumpy to me. Not sure how some people think that town is something special. Port St Lucie / Jensen Beach / Stuart area looks much nicer and have a million more points of interest. I would actually be ashamed to bring visitors if I lived there.

You should move.

Old 08-26-2017, 04:58 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
totally depends on where you look too.

When I was first coming up here from Jupiter I ended up driving on Prima Vista first-- the oldest main street around that does, in fact, have a lot of not so wonderful old houses on it. I said to myself .. there is NO WAY I'm moving up here. First Impression. Fortunately I also drove through other areas, St Lucie West, down around Sandpiper, through different random streets. I decided that Prima Vista was not representative of all of Port St Lucie homes at all and there were some nice areas with well kept lawns etc.

As in any area you aren't familiar with, you need to go to various areas of it to get a better feel of what it's all about. Wandering randomly is ok sometimes, but other times it's best to pick out some points you can go to and just "people watch"....where you might want to live. Check out the cars, the lawns, etc. Say Hi! to a few strangers and just ask....how do you like living here?

Old 08-27-2017, 09:45 AM

So true Flalady. Sometimes you just have to look deeper. People who come here have to drive around, look at all the neighborhoods, mainland and island. If it's not your thing, that's okay.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
So true Flalady. Sometimes you just have to look deeper. People who come here have to drive around, look at all the neighborhoods, mainland and island. If it's not your thing, that's okay.
Move? Not likely. 😊

Old 09-03-2017, 12:24 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k00p View Post
What's to get? It looked unkept and dumpy to me. Not sure how some people think that town is something special. Port St Lucie / Jensen Beach / Stuart area looks much nicer and have a million more points of interest. I would actually be ashamed to bring visitors if I lived there.

You should move.
Quote:
8'th ave......... 20'th street... onto indian river blvd..

I would much rather live in Stuart than Vero beach.

HAHAHA you saw nothing. And spent approximately an hour, if THAT considering you were away from your computer down in a completely different county a total of three hours and accounting for travel time.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:04 AM

relax.. you're hyperventilating

Old 10-12-2017, 11:31 AM

596 posts, read 1,239,337 times
Quote:

You should move.
I kind of agree there seems to be more seedy areas here then a nice neighborhoods I truly don't understand the reason of having the most retired CEOs in the country, I guess they live on the beach in the big money homes, and fly in and out from Vero Beach Municiple airport on their private jets ? Hmmmm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach