Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 08:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,446 times

Advertisements

there was no downfall to port st lucie

we've been all over FL and the port st lucie area is one of the nicest in the state
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 10:08 PM

19 posts, read 16,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSR19 View Post
there was no downfall to port st lucie

we've been all over FL and the port st lucie area is one of the nicest in the state
Works better when you say it 3 times & click your heels together, Dorothy.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:13 PM

19 posts, read 16,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post

If we'd closed the next day we would have lost 30K or more.
Makes no sense. Sales agreements don't work that way. Does your mother know you're on her computer?

Old 03-03-2018, 10:22 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,661,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGTOWGhost View Post
Makes no sense. Sales agreements don't work that way. Does your mother know you're on her computer?
Oh, DBAD

I'm just telling what the guy said.

Though had I been the buyer and the market dropped 15-20% the day before a closing, I'd probably have taken the penalty and not showed up at the closing.
Of course, I hope I am smart enough to not buy into a market that is on a rocket trajectory. Florida Real Estate has always been that way.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:44 AM

320 posts, read 389,782 times
there was no downfall......

Old 09-10-2018, 04:15 PM

4 posts, read 3,128 times
Although port saint lucie is far from amazing, I disagree with all of your statements, we have all of the things you mentioned at this point, but the local government is holding the city back as they are turning down things that are great for the community like the Blue Lagoon Project and throwing money at projects like Digital Domain and then selling them at a loss to churches who do not pay taxes when they don't work.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:20 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,661,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k00p View Post
there was no downfall......
True. It was one Big-A Bubble Popping.

Only time I've been on the right side of one of those things.
But had we had the closing the next day, I suspect the deal would have dropped, and we would have been left holding the bag.
Though in retrospect, we still only had a 80K mortgage, and would have been OK. I'd probably still be living there with the mortgage paid off, now.
[sigh]

Old 01-07-2020, 10:55 AM

18 posts, read 14,285 times
I get a kick out of people that say there is nothing to do here. Most of those need malls, huge amusement parks, thriving night life, places to spend the yuppi dollars. We were looking for a quit town that is big enough to provide most things that we could want and yet have a ton of outdoor activities. We make our own amusements. and love the simple un-congested life. We are originally from Texas and have lived in Houston, and trust me you will live longer here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach