Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 05:24 PM

8 posts, read 13,337 times

Advertisements

Hello pet lovers,
My husband and I have recently retired and we are considering moving from NJ to Florida's Treasure Coast.
We decided to snowbird-rent for a few Winter months; we're considering the Port St Lucie to Vero Beach areas. We don't want to jump into buying; we just want to be sure and know precisely where we want to live. My concern with my renting idea now? It's my 2 beautiful cats who have been with us for over 10 years. I rescued them both and one is a pure-bred white Persian; she's gorgeous, long-haired, but brushed daily. Both are like family to us and are clean, quiet, friendly and they've never been outdoors except for going to the vet for shots and care. Does anyone know any rental places in the area that we can consider because we can take our cats there, too? I called a few rental homes and every owner said 'no way.' Our cats must be with us and not in a cage or in a cat-crowd somewhere. Thanks for reading and for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 10:32 PM

217 posts, read 372,101 times
Do a search for "Port St. Lucie [or Vero Beach] pet-friendly rentals." There are lots of them. You're better off with cats rather than dogs—if they allow pets, owners of rentals frequently have a 20 lb. limit for dogs. Good luck!

Old 07-24-2018, 10:16 AM

320 posts, read 393,286 times
no pets allowed

Old 07-25-2018, 03:08 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,198,651 times
If you're looking to rent for a few months in the Season- you will have a difficult time renting with pets. Seasonal and short term rentals are usually furnished and owners don't want pets...-fleas, fur, etc.

There is always the exception, but difficult to find.

If you are going to rent yearly, that's a different story. Lots of pet friendly rental are available. In condos there are restrictions on pets in general. Some allow them, some don't, some limit to one, lbs., etc.

Old 08-09-2018, 02:28 PM

I searched, many only allow the pets to be in a caged separate area from you. Thanks for you nice reply, though.

Old 08-09-2018, 02:32 PM

Thanks for your reply, I know how difficult it is. I'm also considering the fleas other animals leave behind somehow. We'll continue looking, and maybe just give it up and go house hunting down there. Thanks again.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:52 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,198,651 times
I know how you feel, I have cats myself and they go where I go. Private message me if I can help any other way

Old 09-09-2018, 12:13 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,521,736 times
Maybe rent an rv, and live in that? Or look at places wanting to sublet...just be sure landlord permits it, and the cats, so you dont end up evicted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach