Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 11:17 AM

52 posts, read 62,024 times

Advertisements

I am going to be retiring within the next few years and not really sure where I want to settle. I was considering Vero Beach since I am fairly familiar with that area and have been visiting for the last 40 years. I am looking for a single family home, 3 bedroom, 2 baths, around 2000 SF, with a pool. I would like to be in a nice quiet neighborhood. Preferably no HOA which I know is difficult in Florida. If I do move into a HOA community, I would prefer a development without community pools, tennis courts, clubhouse, etc. I have been looking in Vero Beach and there seems to be many homes available and within my price range which is $350,000. I realize it is tough to find much in that price range outside of Vero Beach, which is much more affordable than many other areas. I would prefer to be south of Vero Beach because my daughter lives in Palm City and my parents live in Jupiter. Both of those areas seem to have very high home prices.
My question is, can I find anything in the Stuart area within my budget? Would anybody recommend Stuart over Vero Beach? If so, what areas or specific neighborhoods are best suited for what I am looking for? Any help, ideas or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 11:22 AM

30 posts, read 50,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ8389 View Post
I am going to be retiring within the next few years and not really sure where I want to settle. I was considering Vero Beach since I am fairly familiar with that area and have been visiting for the last 40 years. I am looking for a single family home, 3 bedroom, 2 baths, around 2000 SF, with a pool. I would like to be in a nice quiet neighborhood. Preferably no HOA which I know is difficult in Florida. If I do move into a HOA community, I would prefer a development without community pools, tennis courts, clubhouse, etc. I have been looking in Vero Beach and there seems to be many homes available and within my price range which is $350,000. I realize it is tough to find much in that price range outside of Vero Beach, which is much more affordable than many other areas. I would prefer to be south of Vero Beach because my daughter lives in Palm City and my parents live in Jupiter. Both of those areas seem to have very high home prices.
My question is, can I find anything in the Stuart area within my budget? Would anybody recommend Stuart over Vero Beach? If so, what areas or specific neighborhoods are best suited for what I am looking for? Any help, ideas or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I looked in Zillow and saw a few in that price range but Port Saint Lucie has more and nicer homes in that range. I suggest maybe look in the Saint Lucie West/Torino area which is new and upcoming area. Its between vero and stuart.

Old 04-05-2019, 11:39 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,199,806 times
If you have $350 to spend you can find a house with a pool in Port St Lucie (which is next to Palm City) and Stuart. More in Port St Lucie than Stuart or that area.

Martin County (includes Stuart, Hobe Sound, Jensen Beach) is more pricey. Palm City doesn't have much of anything that is not an HOA. Very few will not have a community pool etc.

The thing is, the prices now will not be the prices later....

Old 04-05-2019, 12:09 PM

Thanks for the info. I have looked at some prices in Port St Lucie which are also very affordable. I remember reading some negative posts on Port St Lucie (and Vero) so I am unsure about that area. I realize the prices will change in the next few years but my budget will probably be closer to $400,000 by then as home prices in my area are skyrocketing just like Florida. So my budget of $350,000 today will probably increase (or decrease!) with the rest of the market.

Old 04-05-2019, 12:48 PM

Well... you are on the board that covers the whole area so you are welcome to ask anyone here questions.

Old 04-05-2019, 01:18 PM

33 posts, read 36,693 times
I saw a 2/2/1 with pool etc today in Jensen Beach which is between St Luce & Stuart for $322. You can walk to the small cute downtown area. I love Jensen Beach, everything so handy and so much near water front.

Old 04-05-2019, 01:33 PM

I've never really looked at Jensen Beach. I'm not familiar with that area but will be sure to check it out!

Old 04-05-2019, 02:24 PM

personally, I'd be really pushed to even consider a 2 bedroom with a pool for that kind of money.

It's also most likely a very old home and a lot of areas in Jensen I would not consider safe.

Give me a sec and I will try to find it for you

Old 04-05-2019, 02:27 PM

30 posts, read 50,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ8389 View Post
Thanks for the info. I have looked at some prices in Port St Lucie which are also very affordable. I remember reading some negative posts on Port St Lucie (and Vero) so I am unsure about that area. I realize the prices will change in the next few years but my budget will probably be closer to $400,000 by then as home prices in my area are skyrocketing just like Florida. So my budget of $350,000 today will probably increase (or decrease!) with the rest of the market.

What was negative about Port Saint Lucie that you read about?

Old 04-05-2019, 02:53 PM

well, actually I found a little jewel right off the causeway that has even been redone..for $319,900

It is in an hoa but only 67 homes with community docks, a fishing station, tennis court, community pool and an outdoor areas for barbecue ---$335.00 a month includes basic cable TV, landscape and lawn maintenance, insurance and care of the common areas and facilities. This also means you can have a boat and go fishing every day just a walk from your house....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach