Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 08:06 PM

817 posts, read 2,003,086 times

Advertisements

Hi and Thanks for stopping by

We currently live in NYC (Brooklyn) my wife and I.
I am Jewish, my wife of Muslim background,,, forget about the Middle East conflict.. just come to us
We are having our first baby (Oct)... will be brought up Jewish.

We want to move after the baby's birth to Florida.
We recently spent time in Pinellas Cty, driving all over and interviewing real estate agents and seeing all the areas, Clearwater, Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Safety Harbor... but really did not care for it... it just did not grab us.

So I did more research and came up with Melbourne, Viera, Sebastian, Vero Beach areas... but are open to more, please comment.

I can find work for myself in Florida (I am a pharmacist and so far so good down there I hear) and my wife works in finances and works from home.

We are simply seeking a nice, safe, interesting, fun.. etc. etc. etc. area to live. We would rent for the first 6 months to 1 year and then purchase a house, after checking out all the areas there. We are looking for a home up to let's say $400K range.. so the $300's is what we would like.

Hey quick question I just thought of... does one need a pool there ?
I had a pool in the back of my house in Upstate NY and little by little... we used it less and less and did not even open it at the end. And with a baby now and hopefully more to come are concerned over the hazards it brings of course. A door/gate is never always locked sorry to say. I have no interest to have a pool.. but is it needed ? Town pool if one is available is fine for us.

We have no interest in a gated community.
We are interested in good schools as is everyone with children of course.
We really have no interest in night life.... fancy shopping, past the basics.

We would like to be near the beach... not on the beach.. but a little drive to one would be nice.

As I said.. I am looking at Melbourne, Viera, Sebastian, Vero Beach and each surrounding area.

I used this forum for Pinellas Cty and made some great contacts before we went down to look for ourselves... so we hope to get some good replies and feedback before we come down June/July to drive all over and research the areas face to face.

Thanks for stopping by... I appreciate it.

Michael

PS feel free to e-mail me personally
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 04:49 AM

Oh gee come people.....

Everyone reads my post and Gosh Golly no one replies with any feedback

Old 05-05-2008, 07:05 AM

190 posts, read 764,012 times
You can find a lot of information on these areas by back tracking and searching previous postings. Or have you all ready done all that, and that is how you came to consider these areas?

Old 05-05-2008, 08:57 PM

Default exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink flamingo View Post
You can find a lot of information on these areas by back tracking and searching previous postings. Or have you all ready done all that, and that is how you came to consider these areas?
Hi P.F.

Thanks for the note... great to hear back from someone

Yes, I did exactly as you thought...

I looked over the Florida map and then decided from that.
We went to Pinellas Cty for 12 days in Oct and went all over then ruled it out. So in June we expect to go to Brevard Cty and do the same. I back tracked all the postings and read about all the areas.. and then concentrate on some,,, as I did here. Melbourne, Viera etc.

No.. I did not blindly post and look for replies to do my work.
I do my own work first and then post and it worked well for Pinellas.. lets see about Brevard.

We are trying,,,

Thanks for the note P.F. it was very nice to receive

Old 05-06-2008, 11:31 PM

384 posts, read 989,945 times
Michael - I don't have anything to add to your information but I'm watching your posts as I'm interested in the Sebastian, Vero Beach, Indian Harbour areas. I'll be interested to read about your June trip. We are planning a September trip... so maybe you can give me some good ideas.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:45 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,772 times
We live in Vero Beach and we love it. We feel it is the best that Florida has to offer. We have an abundance of nice subdivisions, good schools, good shopping (though not great) and we feel very safe here. Give it a try!

Old 05-07-2008, 09:38 AM

91 posts, read 408,638 times
we also live in vero beach and LOVE, love, love it. Our kids are raised but if I were to start over, i would not hesitate to raise them here. Just to give you some background, we have lived in ak, wa, or, ca, mi, md, ny, and tx.

best of luck to you

Old 05-07-2008, 11:00 AM

Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by miruca View Post
Michael - I don't have anything to add to your information but I'm watching your posts as I'm interested in the Sebastian, Vero Beach, Indian Harbour areas. I'll be interested to read about your June trip. We are planning a September trip... so maybe you can give me some good ideas.
Hi 'Miruca'...

Write me directly if you wish.
We are headed to Brevard Cty in June. I might go myself.. depends how my wife feels... She just entered 17 weeks. We went to Pinellas Cty and it was just ok,, was there for 12 days this past Oct. Now hope to find something in Brevard more interesting

What is your situation ?
What brings you to look in that area ?

Michael

Old 05-07-2008, 11:23 AM

Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
We live in Vero Beach and we love it. We feel it is the best that Florida has to offer. We have an abundance of nice subdivisions, good schools, good shopping (though not great) and we feel very safe here. Give it a try!
Hi V.B.

Thanks for the reply....
I will now look into Vero Beach.
Was not planning on going anymore South then Sebastian..
Because once I go further,,. where does it end
I can go to Vero Beach, Fort Pierce, Jensen Beach etc... etc.. etc...

Hit me your views on Vero Beach as opposed to the ones I just mentioned ?
And views on Vero Beach vs Melbourne and Viera, Indian Harbour etc.

Battle of the Towns here.. so to say

Your feedback is great to receive !

To give you some feedback, background from us.
Newly married,, though we are not youngsters.. have a baby due Oct,, if all goes well.. I work as a Pharmacist and my Wife can work from the house in Financial Services. We have no interest in Big Cities,,, NYC holds no interest for us,,, I was born here, my wife originally from Turkey. We are simply looking for the basics.. safe areas,,, good schools,,, and some nice neighborhoods.. all basics laundry list

We do not want to be in the 'sticks'.. as I used to live for 10 years in Upstate NY,,, was nice.. but not now. We need 'something' nearby. No interest in Nordstroms etc.. just something to be able to get to sometime and shop. The beach can be a few miles away. We are looking for a home in the $300-$400's. four bedroom and some land.. which I loved while living Upstate. Not gigantic... just an acre I guess... or a lil more or less, I am flexible,,, just no neighbors right on top of each other. No 55+ developments, no gated communities.

So that gives you and all others some of our backgrounds and wants.

Question........
What is with all the outdoor pools ??
I had one Upstate NY and it became boring and we did not even open it anymore. We went to the town pool and meet people.. friends

I really do not want a pool.. and know some really nice houses we would turn down cause of the pool. Question.. is there that much of a need for one ?

To anyone who had/has a pool... would you do it again ?

Everyone Upstate NY has one,, but I doubt they would do it again.

Feedback please and Thanks a Bunch, this is all very helpful

Michael

Old 05-07-2008, 11:25 AM

Default Hi Granny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Linna View Post
we also live in vero beach and LOVE, love, love it. Our kids are raised but if I were to start over, i would not hesitate to raise them here. Just to give you some background, we have lived in ak, wa, or, ca, mi, md, ny, and tx.

best of luck to you
Hi GrandMa Linna !

Thanks for the feedback..

Please read back for the comments I wrote V.B. and comment

Thanks GrandMa !!

Michael
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach