Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 06:09 PM

8,070 posts, read 4,745,387 times

Advertisements

I believe the job is in PSL, and the suggested place to live is St. Cloud. But I agree with your assessment that it might be necessary to explore the option of four-bedroom places, not just to be closer to PSL, but to widen the options. I would imagine there would be places out there with a layout that, despite advertising as four bedrooms, might have a room that could double as a fifth bedroom. But you'd have to tour a lot of places in the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2020, 06:45 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,199,806 times
I realize the job is in Port St Lucie but apparently he must work in St Cloud so why not live there. There is very little on the market even in 4 bedroom homes in this area but being in St Cloud or even Kissimmee could be a better location and not as much travel time instead of leaving early in the morning and coming home late at night.

The poster didn't say if the bedrooms are for children or adults or a mix. The square footage of a home in the 4 -5 bedroom range tells me a lot of what room there is. Some 4 bedrooms are listed at 1600 sq ft and that is NOT what you want to stuff a family in that needs 5 bedrooms. Poster you need some on the ground help in the area you actually want to live in.

Is there a NEED to be in Port St Lucie??

Old 10-03-2020, 10:11 PM

17 posts, read 24,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
There arent many 5 bedroom homes for rent in Port St Lucie but why live here when you work in St Cloud? Have you looked there or contacted a Realtor in that area?

The one house for rent at $2500 is fully furnished only and no pets.

Going further south of here will cost you MORE money in rent, not less!

When are you moving and do you have pets?

You may have to go to a 4 bedroom instead.

You will be expected to have gross income that is 3 times the amount of the rental and most likely need first, last and security up front.
I will work in the St Lucie area. I was looking at homes in St. Cloud to commute from. I don't have any pets

Old 10-03-2020, 10:16 PM

17 posts, read 24,065 times
Quote:
I realize the job is in Port St Lucie but apparently he must work in St Cloud so why not live there. There is very little on the market even in 4 bedroom homes in this area but being in St Cloud or even Kissimmee could be a better location and not as much travel time instead of leaving early in the morning and coming home late at night.

The poster didn't say if the bedrooms are for children or adults or a mix. The square footage of a home in the 4 -5 bedroom range tells me a lot of what room there is. Some 4 bedrooms are listed at 1600 sq ft and that is NOT what you want to stuff a family in that needs 5 bedrooms. Poster you need some on the ground help in the area you actually want to live in.

Is there a NEED to be in Port St Lucie??
I have been looking at the four bedrooms with over 3000 sq ft hoping for a possible office space room. The rooms are for my adult children.

Old 10-04-2020, 12:51 AM

138 posts, read 244,037 times
Have you checked the cities due north? 3 hours plus daily commute full of Florida drivers, not a chance!

Old 10-04-2020, 05:00 PM

451 posts, read 456,632 times
Another option I ran into. This is even cheaper than the other. This is North and West of Ft. Pierce near Lakewood Park. Short commute to PSL.
5602 Sunberry Cir
Fort Pierce, Florida

Old 10-15-2020, 08:59 AM

Harry........some areas of Ft Pierce, actually most, are not desireable places to live because of crime and other things.

5602 Sunberry doesn't even show up in MLS and it is listed by a Brokerage- so apparently it's not available but you're welcome to call.

Currently there is a 4/3 in PSL that has an apt over the garage- which is included in the number of bedrooms - 1846sf
4/3 not in an HOA for $2000
4/2 not in an HOA for $2000
4/3 not in an HOA for $2200--the largest one
4/3 not in an HOA for $2250

Old 10-15-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Harry........some areas of Ft Pierce, actually most, are not desireable places to live because of crime and other things.

5602 Sunberry doesn't even show up in MLS and it is listed by a Brokerage- so apparently it's not available but you're welcome to call.

Currently there is a 4/3 in PSL that has an apt over the garage- which is included in the number of bedrooms - 1846sf
4/3 not in an HOA for $2000
4/2 not in an HOA for $2000
4/3 not in an HOA for $2200--the largest one
4/3 not in an HOA for $2250
There are areas of almost every city or town in Fl that I wouldn't live in. I wouldn't suggest an area that I thought was a problem. The north western part of Ft. Pierce is an up and coming area that is just starting to develop. The house in question is in Portofino Shores. I saw the listing on Realtor.com

Old 10-15-2020, 04:14 PM

I realize you saw the listing on Realtor.com but that doesn't mean it's available at this time. They don't take down listings just like zillow doesn't. I've seen listings that are a year old still there when they were long gone.
I look at MLS ...

as a side...there is a post about Portofino shores from Sept. that you both can look at.

Old 10-16-2020, 04:22 AM

Quote:
I realize you saw the listing on Realtor.com but that doesn't mean it's available at this time. They don't take down listings just like zillow doesn't. I've seen listings that are a year old still there when they were long gone.
I look at MLS ...

as a side...there is a post about Portofino shores from Sept. that you both can look at.
The Sept. post about Portofino Shores was an unanswered question to an old topic. I respect your experience and admit I didn't really think about the availability of the rental. But I must point out that there are as many people that post glowing reviews of Purtofino as there are detractors. That can be said of many gated communities as you well know. There are always those who find something to complain about. If memory serves me you moved from one gated community to another and complained about the one you left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach