Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2021, 11:19 AM

36 posts, read 53,296 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me more about this area?

I’m asking all of this because we found an amazing house in Riverbend. They’re asking $1.3; do homes there typically warrant that price (when not in an inflated market like what’s happening now)? How are the schools? Lots of families?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2021, 11:54 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyCupcake View Post
Can anyone tell me more about this area?

I’m asking all of this because we found an amazing house in Riverbend. They’re asking $1.3; do homes there typically warrant that price (when not in an inflated market like what’s happening now)? How are the schools? Lots of families?
Funny I looked at one in there on the water but it was 1mm more. I liked the homes but they aren't exactly custom homes, more like builder (Lennar) production homes with overpriced options. One major negative for me was the location. It was at the end of the two lane road, the NE corner of Palm City. If you head west from there you are into Port St Lucie.

The Gilson road access was the deal breaker for that whole area.

Old 04-08-2021, 12:03 PM

36 posts, read 53,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Funny I looked at one in there on the water but it was 1mm more. I liked the homes but they aren't exactly custom homes, more like builder (Lennar) production homes with overpriced options. One major negative for me was the location. It was at the end of the two lane road, the NE corner of Palm City. If you head west from there you are into Port St Lucie.

The Gilson road access was the deal breaker for that whole area.
Thanks for the response! We know absolutely nothing about that area. We’re in NE FL but wanting to move further south for better weather/closer to ocean. I’ll have to check out Gilson Rd and what’s “wrong” with that area because of it.

Old 04-08-2021, 01:32 PM

8,070 posts, read 4,746,263 times
If that road is inaccessible (underwater) due to storm surge/flooding or whatever, you're stuck without another way to get in/out. Without seeing the topography of the area, it's hard to say if it floods easily, but it's something to keep in mind. I grew up at the end of a dirt road in a rural area and remember the school bus could not even come get us sometimes.

A $1.3M house in Palm City is definitely not a rarity, even in a "normal" market. The Palm City/Stuart area is considered very desirable for both families and retirees. Martin County has highly-rated schools and is one of the highest per-capita income counties in Florida.

Old 04-08-2021, 01:45 PM

17,307 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyCupcake View Post
Thanks for the response! We know absolutely nothing about that area. We’re in NE FL but wanting to move further south for better weather/closer to ocean. I’ll have to check out Gilson Rd and what’s “wrong” with that area because of it.
Just a winding two lane road that provides access to all those communities up there. Slow and its several miles long with no other alternatives. Heritage ridge is a huge retirement community on Gilson, now imagine getting stuck behind a Camry going 20 mph.

Google a trip from the house to downtown Stuart like you were going to dinner. Look at it on a map and imagine if you took a boat from your neighborhood to that location. Boat is 5-10 mins!

Then google a trip north or south on I95/Turnpike and notice how long it takes from the neighborhood to get to the highway you picked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach