Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2008, 07:13 PM

4 posts, read 15,192 times

Advertisements

HeLlo! everyone. (my 1st Post)

I JUST MOVED TO PORT SAINT LUCIE AROUND TWO MONTHS AGO, IM ONE OF THOSE FAMILY'S FROM SOUTH FLORIDA, BUT WE'RE NOT RUDE PEOPLE LIKE MANY OF YOU THINK. LOL I JUST READ SOME PEOPLE THAT THINK THE WORST OF THE PEOPLE FROM THE SOUTH, WE'RE NOT ALL THE SAME LOL

I WANTED TO SEE IF ANY ONE CAN HELP ME OUT, I HAVE TWINS THAT NEED TO BE REGISTERED FOR THE 2009/2010 SCHOOL YEAR, I HAVE NO IDEA IF IS TO EARLY TO DO IT OR NOT. PEOPLE TELL ME I SHOULD DO IT NOW, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??
WHAT SCHOOL DO YOU GUYS RECOMMEND, I LIKE ON BECKER CLOSE TO THE NEW CONSTRUCTION ON 95.
WE'RE ALONE IS THIS CITY WE KNOW NO ONE, I HOPE TO MAKE SOME FRIENDS ATLEAST HERE IF NOT IN PERSON..

THANKS...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 05:43 AM

150 posts, read 706,198 times
Welcome! I moved here 1 1/2 yrs. ago from S.Fla. also.We love it here.My kids are grown so I can't advise you on the school issue but I'm sure someone will soon.This board has been very helpful.We are in the Becker area also as my husband commutes to work.Any idea when 95/Becker opens? Good luck with everything!

Old 08-17-2008, 06:55 PM

4 posts, read 15,192 times
Thanks for the welcome JULZ!! What part of S, fla you come from?? we come from Homestead, I really have no Idea about that 95 exit, Im like 5 streets down, It will be so helpful to get to tradition lol..
I hope i can get help with the School I feel so lost...

Old 08-17-2008, 07:25 PM

150 posts, read 706,198 times
We lived in Coconut Creek and before that Margate.Have you looked at the St.Lucie County School Board web site.If you can't get an answer there I'm sure you can get a number.Do you know what school you are zoned for?

Old 02-15-2009, 09:20 AM

22 posts, read 116,572 times
Hi Claudia, I move to the area in January 2008. Did you get your school issue straightened out. You should have a new 95 exit near you soon. I live on right off of Darwin near Becker, before you get to Paar.

This isn't a great place to meet folks unless you meet them at work, church or a bar. It's been really lonely.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:39 PM

265 posts, read 904,416 times
Register you kids ASAP to get the school you want. We have some kind of controlled choice program that I don't understand (I don't have kids, I just listen to my co-workers). They all say the "control" is first come, first serve. I know with my neices and nephews, they were registered at birth for the magnet schools and they all got the schools the parents wanted. They are now 19 - 25, but I think the magnet schools still have a waiting list.

Welcome! And no, not all of us think folks from farther south are rude

Old 02-16-2009, 07:14 AM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
Someone here has posted a guide to Florida schools .. where is it?

Welcome to PSL and City-Data!

Old 02-16-2009, 01:20 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,125,728 times
Here are 2 Web sites that may assist in locating schools and other demographics for PSL and surrounding areas....... I know very little aobut the area school except our friend's children go to a Magnet school.. Good luck in your search. Welcome and have fun...

http://www.city-data.com/city/Port-S...e-Florida.html

Port Saint Lucie City Data, Neighborhood Community Profiles, Port Saint Lucie Demographics (http://profiles.nationalrelocation.com/Florida/Port%20Saint%20Lucie/ - broken link)

Schools Private Public School Districts

Old 02-18-2009, 07:18 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
Welcome!!!!! If you want to meet a LOT of families and just ask questions in general of them...come on over to the events we have in Tradition. The Grass Roots will be here on the 20th ..and it's FREE - so bring your kids and let them meet others kids and other families.

Go down to Gatlin and turn west towards I95 - as you pass under I95 that turns in to Tradition. People from the entire area join in so you are more than welcome. Several of my clients are teachers and I can ask them, but if you want to ask what schools are best straight from the parents and kids, come join us on Sat and JUST ASK other families- there will be plenty there. AND WE ARE NOT RUDE!!!!!

Old 02-20-2009, 11:02 PM

79 posts, read 255,997 times
Umm guys... the original post was created in August.. hence the rush to register her kids... 6 months ago!

An update from her would be nice but I doubt she still needs school advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach