Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Heritage Oaks Homeowners: Are you satisfied with the quality of the landscaping maintenance services
Yes 10 37.04%
No 17 62.96%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 07:40 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,178,542 times

Advertisements

You know why those barriers are their don't you? To keep you temporarily OUT because that new community they are building is a Retirement community that will also have facilities to handle the retired, the retired needing assistance, then more assistance then all the way up to full time care and Alzheimer's lockdown. Be careful though. Drive down there once too often and they may test out the facilities on you! LOL!!!

Old 01-21-2009, 07:33 AM

578 posts, read 1,773,537 times
Just to let you know about the crossing into the other neighborhood. They are going to build (don't know why a bridge that will go across a side canal to Fairgreen rd. I would have thought that they would just open up the corner where the wall ends but for some reason that is not in the plan. I live in the neighborhood just east of Tradition one street over from fairgreen. I noticed that the road is built right up to the canal but no work has begun on the bridge. The road has not been paved yet and the County had no idea when the bridge would be built.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep111 View Post
Just to let you know about the crossing into the other neighborhood. They are going to build (don't know why a bridge that will go across a side canal to Fairgreen rd. I would have thought that they would just open up the corner where the wall ends but for some reason that is not in the plan. I live in the neighborhood just east of Tradition one street over from fairgreen. I noticed that the road is built right up to the canal but no work has begun on the bridge. The road has not been paved yet and the County had no idea when the bridge would be built.
One of my clients is a supervisor there...I had planned on asking him to take me out there since nobody is allowed to tresspass....so I will call and see what I can find out..

Old 02-04-2009, 08:04 PM

ok..........with thoughts of the recent passing of a beautiful kitten hit by a car ....and several of us being there....I saw this for us animal /furbaby lovers....

The following was found posted very low on a refrigerator
> door.
>
>
> Dear Dogs and Cats: The dishes with the paw prints are
> yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and
> contain my food. Placing a paw print in the middle of my
> plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your
> food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in
> the slightest.
>
> The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a
> racetrack. Racing me to the bottom is not the object.
> Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you
> can run.
>
> I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am
> very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping
> on the couch to ensure your comfort, however. Dogs and cats
> can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not
> necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other, stretched
> out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that
> sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out
> on the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.
>
> For the last time, there is no secret exit from the
> bathroom! If, by some miracle, I beat you there and manage
> to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine,
> meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge in
> an attempt to open the door. I must exit through the same
> door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for
> years - canine/feline attendance is not required.
>
> The proper order for kissing is: Kiss me first, then go
> smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this
> enough.
>
> Finally, in fairness, dear pets, I have posted the
> following message on the front door:
>
> TO ALL NON-PET OWNERS WHO VISIT AND LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT
> OUR PETS:
> (1) They live here. You don't. (2) If you don't
> want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.
> That's why they call it 'fur'-niture. (3) I like
> my pets a lot better than I like most people. (4) To you,
> they are animals. To me, they are adopted sons/daughters who
> are short, hairy, walk on all fours and don't speak
> clearly.
>
> Remember, dogs and cats are better than kids because they
> (1) eat less, (2) don't ask for money all the time, (3)
> are easier to train, (4) normally come when called, (5)
> never ask to drive the car, (6) don't hang out with
> drug-using people; (7) don't smoke or drink, (8)
> don't want to wear your clothes, (9) don't have to
> buy the latest fashions, (10) don't need a gazillion
> dollars for college and (11) if they get pregnant, you can
> sell their children

:P

Old 02-07-2009, 09:59 AM

Update on our kitten.....she has a brother and he is missing..

IF YOU SEE, OR HAVE IN YOUR HOME (because of the cold weather) a solid black kitten....the child who owns him is inconsolable. He lives on Eastbrook so I would imagine the kitten would be anywhere in that area or around Glenbrook.

PLEASE if you have or see him, he's very friendly and obviously a kitten only 4 months old, contact me ...don't know if this is allowed...561-352-3522 or click on my name and message me! THANK YOU!

Old 02-09-2009, 06:45 AM

36 posts, read 185,489 times
Exclamation New Kitten Update

Hi FlaLadyB and everyone,

Here is (hopefully) a happy update to the kitten saga.....

Yes, it is very sad that one of our neighbor's 2 kittens died tragically. I've spent the last few days trying to help the family by placing fliers in mailboxes in case anyone had the remaining kitten, Samson, in their home. The little boy has been crying ever since losing his pets and so has his poor mother. Hearing that boy walking around the neighborgood deperately calling out his kitten's name... it just broke our hearts.

Much love and thanks to everyone in Heritage Oaks, especially FlaLadyB and Donna F., for doing so much to help these kittens and their family. Thank you so much to EVERYONE who saw the flier and promised to keep their eyes open for little Samson. Having caring neighbors is such a Blessing.

Well, the good news is that a kitten with a matching description was indeed picked up by PSL Animal Control here in Heritage Oaks last week. They said it is currently at the Animal Shelter, up for adoption because it didn't have any ID or micro-chip. They gave us the kitten's case #, and we are going out to the Ft. Pierce Animal Shelter this mprning as soon as it opens! Please everyone, keep your fingers crossed that it's Samson, and that he hasn't been adopted out yet!! I'm off to the animal shelter now..... I hope to be able to report definite good news about Samson by this evening......

Old 02-09-2009, 06:55 PM

36 posts, read 185,489 times
Smile Final Kitten Update... Good News!

GOOD NEWS !!!
The remaining kitten --Samson-- is alive and well, and spent the day at my house until his Mommy and her son returned from school & work and took him HOME tonight !!! And what a friendly and sweet little darling he is! He looked so forlorn in his cage at the Fort Pierce Humane Society, as did all the other sweet homeless animals there. My heart broke for every single one of them, but at least I was happy to be picking up Samson. It was a very emotional reunion for their family and I have a feeling they'll be guarding their doorways neurotically from this day forward!

NOTE TO ALL:
PSL Animal Control will be opening a (free?) micro-chipping clinic very soon. You can also get it done inexpensively at any veterinarian. If your pets are not yet micro-chipped, PLEASE take the time to have it done as soon as possible! Or if your pets' chips or tags have your old contact information on them, please get them updated. You never know... one day you may be Thanking God that you did it!

Old 02-18-2009, 11:35 AM

4 posts, read 8,206 times
Default Unhappy home owner

I closed in may kinda sorry we did !!!!!! mostly the same reasons allready post re: landscaping, bugs, lighting, abundance of renters that dont care buildier issues with the homes roof leaks paint problems inside and out and just poor quality and workmanship of the homes and commuity dead palms all over. certain kids not attended by parents out all hours of the day and night roaming the community causing damage to the homes and property breaking into the spec homes damamging the 2nd gate entrance and so on. I have nothing againts kids or kids playing I have a son myself but I cant understand one home behind me inparticular this 12 year old boy does not go to school and he is out all day and all hours of the night and I do mean all hours. left unatended yelling screaming damaging the property. Also I have noticed alot of the people that live on Glennbrook on the south end where the road is divided the people are too lazy to either come in the main entrance or go around the correct side to get to there home the just go the wrong way on the one way VERY DANGEROUS FOR CHILDREN AND OTHER PEOPLE IN VEHICLES IM SURPRISED I HAVE NOT SEEN AN ACCIDENT YET.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe2754 View Post
I closed in may kinda sorry we did !!!!!! mostly the same reasons allready post re: landscaping, bugs, lighting, abundance of renters that dont care buildier issues with the homes roof leaks paint problems inside and out and just poor quality and workmanship of the homes and commuity dead palms all over. certain kids not attended by parents out all hours of the day and night roaming the community causing damage to the homes and property breaking into the spec homes damamging the 2nd gate entrance and so on. I have nothing againts kids or kids playing I have a son myself but I cant understand one home behind me inparticular this 12 year old boy does not go to school and he is out all day and all hours of the night and I do mean all hours. left unatended yelling screaming damaging the property. Also I have noticed alot of the people that live on Glennbrook on the south end where the road is divided the people are too lazy to either come in the main entrance or go around the correct side to get to there home the just go the wrong way on the one way VERY DANGEROUS FOR CHILDREN AND OTHER PEOPLE IN VEHICLES IM SURPRISED I HAVE NOT SEEN AN ACCIDENT YET.

I blame the children you speak of on the PARENTS. There will always be good kids and bad ones. If you have them yelling and screaming and especially damaging anything, just call the cops....they WILL be there in a heartbeat.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:04 PM

ANYHOW....I HAVE GOOD NEWS FOR PARENTS!!

THE CONSTRUCTION ACROSS FROM US IS GOING TO BE A NEW DAYCARE CENTER!

I don't have a completion date yet but it's on it way!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach