Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 05:29 PM

173 posts, read 680,859 times

Advertisements

Hey, I have read alot of posts about Port St Lucie and how lame life is there in terms of things to do and jobs. However, no one really described if the city looks nice or not. I just wanted to know if anyone could upload some photos of different parts of the place or could someone just describe how it looks, maybe compared to some other places in Fl. or so. Is it like one of those blando-less tropical places like Pembroke Pines with cookie cutter homes and such, bland like Cape Coral, or nice looking like some places in Palm Beach county but not upscale? Does it have any tall buildings and such, tropical?

Thanks in advance.

PS. The same info about Jensen Beach and Stuart would be nice too.

Last edited by rickyd; 10-24-2008 at 05:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 07:13 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
I have a number of photos of Tradition in PSL in my business profile. We have lots and lots of families and plenty to do. Monthly Westfest- a fun FREE time with music and venders of all kinds, fun for the kids all the time, classic car shows, face painting, events for all the holidays, yappy hour for the dogs even! LOL!!

Tradition has it's own "look", but that was done on purpose when it was built. We are fairly new as communities go. My own house turns 2 in Dec. while others may be a year or so older at most. We have shopping here, restaurants, etc.

If you can't find my business profile, just message me and I will send it to you. Not allowed to post links to business on here

Old 10-26-2008, 08:15 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,366,552 times
Port St. Lucie is ass backwards and by that I mean that most east coast Florida cities get nicer as you drive from I95 eastward to the ocean but St. Lucie goes downhill. The best St. Lucie has to offer is St. Lucie West, by I95. As you move your way east to the ocean, instead of seeing homes getting bigger or nicer, you'll see the opposite and when you get to the barrier island... VOILA! There's a nuclear power plant!

Old 10-26-2008, 09:29 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
It's bland like Cape Coral x 10 to the east and bland like Pembroke Pines x 10 to the west.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:31 AM

173 posts, read 680,859 times
Dang. Seems lke it just all out sux. I like the way how you guys described it here. It made me laugh. Well, that says enough. If it's that bland and backwards, I don't have any interest in it. lol

Thanks a bunch guys.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:35 AM

Lets do a little bit of correction here then. The newer homes that have been built are in the western part of Port St. Lucie- the older part of Port St Lucie is from the turnpike east. Yes, they've been there a while longer as in most all Florida cities that grow from the Ocean west- that's a given. Bland? Well... we don't look like Palm Beach County - I should know since I have lived all over Palm Beach County myself from one end to the other. We only have tall buildings on Hutchinson Island which is a barrier island all to itself, over the bridges from the mainland. We don't have a starbucks on every corner, but we have our share.

We also don't cost what Palm Beach County does either. I personally loved living in Jupiter at a time, but the prices from then to know are off the wall. Development in Palm Beach County has also tried to fill every nook and cranny they could find and have pretty much succeeded.

Now Vero Beach...well...thats our local retirement area if you realllllly want bland. LOL!

Old 10-27-2008, 12:01 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLady

Now Vero Beach...well...thats our local retirement area if you realllllly want bland. LOL!
Lol, right! Because Vero Beach has sooooo much going on and it's SUCH a dynamic city!

People who live in glass (towns) shouldn't throw stones!

Old 10-27-2008, 04:21 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,366,552 times
Port St. Lucy is butt ugly. Zoning doesn't exist there. There's just no comparison between PSL and Vero Beach and you know it. Jealous maybe??

Old 10-28-2008, 06:43 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
Port St. Lucy is butt ugly. Zoning doesn't exist there. There's just no comparison between PSL and Vero Beach and you know it. Jealous maybe??

Lol, are you for real? Like, a serious person who actually entertains the notion that someone is "jealous" of Vero Beach? I live in Palm Beach County... to me, anyone from Vero Beach complaining about blandness and boringness is seriously delusional. I think you have an inferiority complex. Talk about insecurity!

Besides, what should PSL residents be jealous of? Your typical low-mid range end mall? Your outlet mall that will go the way of Fort Pierce's outlet mall if one is built in Tradition? The crap parts of South Vero that are indistiguishable from Fort Pierce? Your higher violent and property crime rate? Most of Vero Beach could fit squarely in the middle of Port St. Lucie and people wouldn't know the damn difference. The higher end properties are comprable to any higher end property in Port St. Lucie along the rivers. I seriously doubt you're "high end" enough to cast dispersion on anyone else, so unless your address is "Ocean Drive," please move on.

And for the record, for anyone ACTUALLY interested, Port St. Lucie has about 6 or 7 distinct areas, and could probably be cut up into 6 separate cities if ever necessary. Each provide a different feel and lifestyle from the others. From Tradition to Club Med, to St. Lucie West to St. James, to Southbend, to the Savanna's preserve area and intracoastal properties, to Becker Road and Old Floresta. You could find yourself 25 minutes from the beach... or 10. You could find yourself with access to the ocean via the St. Lucie River. You can have an HOA gated neighborhood, or a non-HOA home. It's not for everyone, but it's actually not a bad place, or else 160,000 people wouldn't call it home.

Again, Port St. Lucie is not for everyone, and indeed, the WORST part of living there is the unfounded snobbery of residents from the smaller, oh so happening "international hotspots" that border the city.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
Jealous? No..not hardly. I chose NOT to move to Vero when I worked there. I chose TO stay in PSL and move to Tradition and commute to Vero rather than live there. I'm too young (and I am far from being a kid) to even think of moving to Vero and even friends who do live in Vero agree. That secured my decision not to move there a year ago.

Now I live and work here in PSL in Tradition and am quite happy with my choice.

As to the other post about the outlet mall...it's under construction at this moment here in Tradition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach