U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-10-2009, 11:48 AM

162 posts, read 408,880 times
Default Stuart neighborhoods, lifestyle

Looking at Stuart. First time in a while I've been back to this site, nonetheless looked at any real estate.

Within the past 2 yrs, I've been looking at a bunch of places to live...Boca Raton, Plantation, Deerfield, Delray, Hollywood, Jupiter, Juno, Aventura, and Palm Beach Gardens. All of them seemed to have something that I liked but there was a major turn off that made me change my decision, either having to do with crime rate, too congested, too homogenous, too dull, or too pricey for me. I was going with Jupiter in the end but still a little bit pricey, so that is when I started to look into Stuart.

From all what I've read and the photos I've seen, Stuart seems to be the place that best fits my lifestyle.......Laid back, tropical, love of water and nature, old florida, secluded beaches. From the photos I did see, it looks nice but a little historic in some areas. That's kind of a turn off for me being as where I live now has that old rustic historic look that I hate and trying to get away from (South Carolina, most of the state is like that).

I'm young (In my early 20s) and do like a variety of things to do, although I'm not into the club scene too much. I would like fun things nearby though and as far as clubbing goes, I only do that stuff every once in a while so it wouldn't be a problem just driving down to PB or Broward because it's not like I'm going to do it all the time.

Anyway, to get to my point.....Can any of you name off any neighborhoods in Stuart that are lush, shaded, meditteranian or slightly that, not any trouble makers around, suburban, doesn't have to be upscale but not trashy or bland either (Think Oakland Park in Broward). Not looking for any waterfront properties because too expensive. I'm not buying right now but I want to weed out the options so I will know what to look for when I get to that point. Dunno how much cheaper Stuart is compared to the counties below, but my price range would be $225k on down. Just wouldn't be able to afford anything higher.

Thnx

Last edited by rickyd; 03-10-2009 at 01:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 05:16 PM

2,143 posts, read 5,006,228 times
In the city of Stuart, look at old Stuart, between East Ocean Blvd, and the St. Lucie River.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
In the city of Stuart, look at old Stuart, between East Ocean Blvd, and the St. Lucie River.
Is that the actual name of the neighborhood?

Old 03-12-2009, 07:09 PM

2,143 posts, read 5,006,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyd View Post
Is that the actual name of the neighborhood?
The neghborhood has no real name. it's old Stuart, between the river and East Ocean, around Riverside Ave, Martin Ave, and that area.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
The neghborhood has no real name. it's old Stuart, between the river and East Ocean, around Riverside Ave, Martin Ave, and that area.

Oh ok. Hmm. cant seem to dig up any info on this area. looked up zip codes and still couldn't find anything really.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:32 AM

2,474 posts, read 3,173,758 times
Quote:
Oh ok. Hmm. cant seem to dig up any info on this area. looked up zip codes and still couldn't find anything really.
The best way to see the different parts of Stuart is to spend a few days driving around the area. You'll get differing opinions from different folks, but it all boils down to what YOU want.

Stuart is "laid back" & "old Florida" to a point, but it's definitely not the same as "small-town" Florida or an imagined "Mayberry RFD" due to the high amount of northern transplants & growth.

Stuart is a nice mix of old & new, north & south, quiet yet busy.

The best help I can offer as far as neighborhoods is the real estate agent I used to sell a condo. He's extremely knowlegeable & honest. You can google his name, which is Patrick Stracuzzi, & get some info that way....

Good luck!!

Old 04-03-2009, 01:18 PM

51 posts, read 73,599 times
Quote:
It's called St. Lucie Estates (34996). You won't find anything under $225 though...try Palm City (34990)

Old 04-07-2009, 01:11 PM

4,540 posts, read 4,795,393 times
If you're not buying now there's no point in looking as if you are. Every neighborhood is up for grabs with the housing problem so by the time you buy you might be looking at something totally different than it was today.

My favorite neighborhood in South Florida Broward was so cute and perfect for me in 2004 and between 2005 and 2007 turned into a PIT.

Conversely, some neighborhoods that were "bad" before got better in this decade like in WPB downtown.

Pick a rental on the most beautiful Florida water view you can afford, or get a temporary short term lease and move. Then start sightseeing at your leisure.

I promise you what you come here thinking you "want" will change after living here. Especially based on comps and finances when you decide to buy. Prices continue to drop and as long as you pre qual for financing, you can buy at ANY time. So if your price point changes due to depreciation you can look other places. Every neighborhood is changing now.

Lastly, as a mom, I'd say NEVER EVER EVER EVER buy anything in Florida in your early 20's for a LONG TIME....after relocating there and if you don't have a targeted reason, like all your family lives here and there's no chance you'll want to move.

It's a new day and you wont be able to unload anything you buy as easily as before. Why be stuck with a mortgage and maintenance? And god forbid in a neighborhood you don't like anymore or with bad neighbords or whatever...

RENT a FAB place and have fun. Dont rush feeling OLD LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach