U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 10:32 AM

22 posts, read 106,128 times

Advertisements

Thanks for your response, so nothing going on...how far is PSL from the beach? Which town would you say is nicer, PSL or Vero Beach? Do you know anything about Stuart and Jupiter?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 01:40 PM

10,604 posts, read 15,541,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl69 View Post
Thanks for your response, so nothing going on...how far is PSL from the beach? Which town would you say is nicer, PSL or Vero Beach? Do you know anything about Stuart and Jupiter?
I would never live in PSL it's one huge inland subdivision. There is no water.

NO COMPARISON to Vero Beach, which is on the ocean and intracoasta whatsover. You can click on my profile and read my previous posts about Vero, nothing compares to it from Daytona Beach to Miami. (not saying it's the "same" as other places just saying it's unique)

You missed Tequesta ...between Stuart and Jupiter and it's my second choice. A quiet clean village on the Intracoastal and 5 minutes to the beach. In the Jupiter Island area. (Jupiter Island is home to the ultra money)...The Intracoastal is beautiful there and Route1 borders it, in a great way it's not a dump like most of R1 one elsewhere.

Stuart, Hobe Sound, Jupiter are all nice. PSL is my last choice of any town but that's just me. Nothing but houses and shopping centers, like most of Florida actually.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:48 AM

17,288 posts, read 26,953,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
I would never live in PSL it's one huge inland subdivision. There is no water.
Actually, PSL is a huge city, stretching from the intracoastal to waaaay out West. In addition to the intracoastal, the St. Lucie River runs through it, meaning there are many estate homes with ocean access in PSL. There are many options for water sports activities in PSL.

The only reason why there's no "beach" is because environmentalists have fought the building of a direct beach across the intracoastal from PSL. Because of that, people have to drive to Jensen Beach bridge or Fort Pierce to access South Hutchinson Island. I guess it's an issue of priorities though --- nature or direct beach access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors
Stuart, Hobe Sound, Jupiter are all nice. PSL is my last choice of any town but that's just me. Nothing but houses and shopping centers, like most of Florida actually.

Vero Beach is a bit "tidier" in most sections than PSL. But, in terms of "things to do," and everything else, it's about equal .... save for the direct beach access from a bridge in town.

Having grown up on the Treasure Coast, the whole are bleeds together for me. "Zero Beach," "Palm Sh**ty," "Pissle"... all things used by local kids to describe how fun and exciting it is to grow up on the Treasure Coast, BUT, all in all, when it comes down to it, I think it helps keep a lot of kids out of real trouble, and isn't half bad at all.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Actually, PSL is a huge city, stretching from the intracoastal to waaaay out West. In addition to the intracoastal, the St. Lucie River runs through it, meaning there are many estate homes with ocean access in PSL. There are many options for water sports activities in PSL.

The only reason why there's no "beach" is because environmentalists have fought the building of a direct beach across the intracoastal from PSL. Because of that, people have to drive to Jensen Beach bridge or Fort Pierce to access South Hutchinson Island. I guess it's an issue of priorities though --- nature or direct beach access.

Vero Beach is a bit "tidier" in most sections than PSL. But, in terms of "things to do," and everything else, it's about equal .... save for the direct beach access from a bridge in town.

Having grown up on the Treasure Coast, the whole are bleeds together for me. "Zero Beach," "Palm Sh**ty," "Pissle"... all things used by local kids to describe how fun and exciting it is to grow up on the Treasure Coast, BUT, all in all, when it comes down to it, I think it helps keep a lot of kids out of real trouble, and isn't half bad at all.
You're right about the North Fork of the St Lucie river being in PSL and the "presence" of the Intracoastal east.

LOL I always forget about that St Lucie river since it's inland and I picture the 500.000 residents that are west. It empties at Stuart which is what I'd consider a coastal town versus PSL. But technically, yep, the slice of river is water. I was over there last week coming off the turnpike to go to Stuart so I should have remembered it.

PSL is about 75 sq miles with 500.000 people right? I guess they can all squeeze in there on the north fork lol.

Vero Beach is 11 sq miles with 17.000.

Yes about the ICW being there but not really accessable...thats why I say "no water" in PSL. I remembered that preserve was there.

I believe you they are both boring for kids whether they like it or not. lol. Since the OP isn't looking for a family type thing I dont see the draw of PSL but it's true I dont live there or anything

Old 04-08-2009, 12:59 PM

17,288 posts, read 26,953,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
You're right about the North Fork of the St Lucie river being in PSL and the "presence" of the Intracoastal east.
The St. Lucie River north fork in PSL is basically divided.... North of Rivergate Park, it's a lot of nature preserve. South of Rivergate Park, you have a lot more development on the water (Club Med included) and big houses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors
PSL is about 75 sq miles with 500.000 people right? I guess they can all squeeze in there on the north fork lol.
PSL is 150k over 80 square miles or so. It really could be split up into 4-5 separate cities, as the experience in one part could be vastly different from another.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

PSL is 150k over 80 square miles or so. It really could be split up into 4-5 separate cities, as the experience in one part could be vastly different from another.

Ahhh 150K... that's much better. I guess I was remembering the MSA /Metropolitan area that I think is Martin and St Lucie counties being 500k ...versus the actual city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach