Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 12:41 PM

1,285 posts, read 3,606,005 times

Advertisements

I will have to move closer to family that live in the Palm Beach area and they think PSL is a good buy as we will be retired on a small budget. Now I don't know after reading the posts.

Last edited by alsidw; 06-21-2009 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: change title to Port st lucie???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 02:18 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,029,725 times
Look at Martin County. Good buys are available.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:14 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
Hey 2goldens!!

If you are a "city person" and realllllly want to be able to go to Miami - that's really a HAUL. By the time you get there from here you will be exhausted from driving once you hit the West Palm Beach area and south. Even more so from Lauderdale going south.

Plenty to do in West Palm that is not that far away for a night or weekend out and night life. From PGA Blvd to City Place should more than fill the bill for you.

Tradition is where I live as well and there are lots of single people living here. Instant access to I95 so you can hit WPB easily. Things going on here all the time. I find it a great place to live and enjoy it.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:22 PM

16 posts, read 26,451 times
Hi, I am a single lady in my early 60's, and thinking to move to a gated community where they have many activities in Port St. Lucie. Is that a good idea? Are there plenty of amenities in PSL? Shopping, hospitals, walmarts, entertainment? Latineducator

Old 08-30-2017, 02:52 AM

2,956 posts, read 2,341,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latineducator View Post
Hi, I am a single lady in my early 60's, and thinking to move to a gated community where they have many activities in Port St. Lucie. Is that a good idea? Are there plenty of amenities in PSL? Shopping, hospitals, walmarts, entertainment? Latineducator
Sure. It's a nice fit for that. Look in saint Lucie West.

Old 08-30-2017, 07:18 AM

481 posts, read 759,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latineducator View Post
Sounds like Tradition or St. Lucie West would be a good fit for you. It has all of this things you mentioned in close proximity.

Here is a good guide of the City if you would like to research more.
https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Port_St._Lucie

Old 08-30-2017, 08:12 AM

St Lucie West and Tradition, as other said, are good choices. Shopping, restaurants, movies, Walmart, Sams Club, etc. are right here.

Easy access to everything and the communities available are great for a single women. Easier to make friends to have things to do with.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:00 AM

4 posts, read 3,280 times
If I was single and no kids and my work was in Port Saint Lucie, I would live on Hutchison Island. Good restaurants and bars, the beach, lots of live band, near the fresh market, downtown fort pierce has a lot to offer and the crowd is never really old, lots of young professionals. And that area is going to keep getting better. It is not city life that's for sure but I think it's the next best thing and you don't have a 2, 3 hour drive everyday.

Old 09-03-2017, 10:34 AM

Hutchinson Island has lots of young professionals? Where? At the bars in Ft Pierce along Seaway on the weekends? Maybe at Archies? Certainly not in the condos. If you work in PSL that would mean a drive out of here and through Ft Pierce to even get to Seaway.

Hutchinson from Jensen Beach- is all condos again.. and the public beach. Restaurants and bars? Few and far between. Bars and restaurants are on the mainland side and so is shopping.

oh... and if you even think about insurance costs, and Hurricanes, and Condo fees... you will stay on this side of the river.

and.. since the poster is in her early 60's I kind of doubt "young professionals" is who she is looking to find.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:38 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
^^^ So, what you're saying is you didn't like it. Gotch'ya. !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach