Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2009, 08:19 AM

141 posts, read 453,616 times

Advertisements

I have heard many good things on here about jupiter. Just a few questions before I make a trip to check it out.

Is Jupiter the port saint lucie west area?

Does it have decent shopping?

Does it have any night life?

Does it have decent restaurants/dining?

Thanks in advance, this board has been a great help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 09:33 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,031,415 times
Jupiter is a town in Palm Beach County. St. Lucie West is in St. Lucie County. They are probably about 30 miles apart.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:55 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,542,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinked View Post
I have heard many good things on here about jupiter. Just a few questions before I make a trip to check it out.

Is Jupiter the port saint lucie west area?

Does it have decent shopping?

Does it have any night life?

Does it have decent restaurants/dining?

Thanks in advance, this board has been a great help!
You might want to post this in the West Palm Beach thread.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:32 PM

552 posts, read 592,396 times
No, Jupiter is in Northern PBC. Jupiter is actually very nice....PSL West is basically a suburb of foreclosed homes. But hey, no snow down here! So you'll love it here!

Old 06-16-2009, 02:00 PM

141 posts, read 453,616 times
Thanks for the replies.

I have heard good things about jupiter and boca raton.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:10 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientifical Madness View Post
PSL West is basically a suburb of foreclosed homes. But hey, no snow down here! So you'll love it here!
One reason I drove over to the East Coast is because of the foreclosures in PSL, but that also means businesses are closing and jobs are scarce. In Lee County we had just as many foreclosures (Cape Coral, Lehigh Acres) but the pictures the real estate agents sent me from PSL made it look a lot nicer! To tell you the truth, I want to live off of A1A in Vero Beach or maybe somewhere in Jupiter near the water, but so far nobody has given me the correct Lotto numbers (although some lucky person just won $34 million Saturday.)

Old 06-21-2009, 10:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,327 times
Jupiter is a great small town with beautiful beaches....It pretty much shuts down at about 9pm, but it is about 20 min. from West Palm where the bar scene is. There are excellent restaurants, golf courses and a baseball stadium where they have spring training for many of the pro-teams. There are bars here, but as far as night clubs you will have to go to west palm for that. There are lots of different events that happen throughout the year here...Lots to do...It is definately not lame...Is it a crazy party town?...No..But MANY other great attributes..Jupiter has some of the best beaches around...And dog friendly..But if you do live here you should try and stay near US1 or A1A (Juno Beach is also great). It is very family oriented but very safe. I have lived here 6 years and love it..I am a 28 year old female without children and still always find fun things to do...Plus its beautiful and not to far from Ft. Lauderdale and Miami

Old 06-30-2009, 08:48 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,198,651 times
Jupiter and St Lucie West are totally different. I used to live in Jupiter and loved it but the prices in Palm Beach County are high now. Great beaches in Jupiter and plenty of night life along PGA Blvd or down at City Place if that's what you are looking for.

St. Lucie West is an area of Port St. Lucie west of the Turnpike. It's a newer area of PSL as far as homes and places to shop etc.

If you are looking for night life.. PSL is not it.

Boca Raton- I lived there as well for a very long time. That is completely different than even Jupiter and that area. Much faster paced and a lot of Northerners. I know I'm back in Boca when I get off the Turnpike and start hearing the honking of horns...

Try posting in the West Palm Beach forum for more answers. At least living in Jupiter you still have access to night life in a very short drive but are not living in the middle of it.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:32 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Interesting posts. An agent sent me listings of "The Club at St Lucie West" and the address is in Jupiter. I searched for posts on "The Club" and found a couple of threads. I even posted on this one just a couple of weeks ago! I am truly losing my mind.

Maybe that's why brink posted that comment (?)

Last edited by justNancy; 07-04-2009 at 04:55 PM..

Old 07-05-2009, 08:20 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,198,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Interesting posts. An agent sent me listings of "The Club at St Lucie West" and the address is in Jupiter. I searched for posts on "The Club" and found a couple of threads. I even posted on this one just a couple of weeks ago! I am truly losing my mind.

Maybe that's why brink posted that comment (?)

The Club at St Lucie West is definately NOT in Jupiter. It's off St. Lucie West Blvd by Wachovia bank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach