Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 01:50 AM

7 posts, read 52,176 times

Advertisements

Vero is in the county above Port St. Lucie (St. Lucie county)

Stuart is the county seat of the county below Port St. Lucie (Martin county)

West Palm Beach is in Palm Beach count which is the county below Martin

Fort Lauderdale is toward the southern end of Broward county which is below Palm Beach county.

These counties are all on the east coast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 01:52 AM

Vero and Ft. Pierce are in Indian River county

Old 10-25-2009, 02:57 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannnonn View Post
Vero and Ft. Pierce are in Indian River county
Not true.

Vero Beach is in Indian River County.

Fort Pierce is in Saint Lucie County.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:31 AM

I used to drive Ft. Lauderdale to Stuart twice a weekend. Vero is only about 20 miles further, so I would guess it to be about 90 miles.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:33 AM

I'd have sworn I was going to IRCC (Indian River Community College) at a campus in Fort Pierce. That was where I had the impression that Fort Pierce was over the county line.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:24 AM

Quote:
I'd have sworn I was going to IRCC (Indian River Community College) at a campus in Fort Pierce. That was where I had the impression that Fort Pierce was over the county line.
Yes, the college has several campuses. There's also Indian River Drive in Fort Pierce. Indian River Presbyterian Church is in Fort Pierce. Indian River Estates is a neighborhood in Fort Pierce.

Still, Fort Pierce is in St. Lucie County.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:21 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,031,998 times
Quote:
IRCC, now Indian River State College, has campuses in Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee and St. Lucie Counties. The main campus is in Ft. Pierce.

Vero is about 35 miles north of Stuart.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:07 PM

Keep in mind that sometimes you can't get there from here (as the saying goes) Some sections of Vero Beach and other cities aren't close to the turnpike.

Palm Beach County is a whole different story, since it's huge. I think it's the largest county in the state. So someone could live in Jupiter and have a a long drive to Delray Beach and still be in the same county.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:55 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,199,806 times
Use mapquest and it will tell you the milage and time from point to point. Since all the areas are so large and we have no idea what part you are going to....there is no way to give you any kind of exact answer.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:44 AM

8 posts, read 10,376 times
I know Wellington is about 45 minutes by car (my parents live there now). Wellington is a a little inland from West Palm and it is a really wonderful area (not big city, not much congestion). That's awful that your family feels that way; hopefully you have misunderstood? <I have a chronic illness & neck/spine issues - so go from independent to disabled for extended periods... I was sad to read what you wrote. Hopefully you will make some wonderful friends who don't define you by what you can't do ~ there are lots of us around and we take turns helping each other through the bad phases>.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach