Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 01:42 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBoet View Post
We(wife and two teenage sons) live in Miami and we really like Vero Beach, although we have not visited there in four years. I did a search on Realtor.com and couldn't believe how much home one can buy with $200,000. For example, a 4/3 2600ft, lakeview home with 3 car garage for $200,000. What's the catch? lol

Granted I have stayed mostly by A1A, so I don't really know the Vero neighborhoods. What are the zip codes to research? What would be the approximate property taxes and home insurance for a home in that price range?
Thank you and God bless you all,
Frank

I moved back to the West Coast of FL in Dec after living in Vero Beach for 6 months. I had a terrible personal experience, but otherwise I liked the people very much. The beach parks are also very clean & well maintained. After living in Naples & Bonita Springs, I thought I had moved to a different country when people stopped to help me carry bundles.

I saw some lovely homes in Vero Beach. There's a small community close to the mall called Walkers Glen and Walkers Glen West that includes lawn maintenance. Some of the homes had very nice lake views. There were some 3/2/2 homes with barrel tile roofs listed at $175,000. There was also a newer community called Citrus Springs that had single family homes & attached villas overlooking a Lake. They were listed for around $175,000 to $220,000. I also liked Sebastian Highlands and found it to be very charming. I still love the small 2 bedroom wood frame house I made an offer on that's now listed for $99,000 (still too high for the size) but everyone keeps telling me wood frame homes are expensive to insure and are a magnet for termites and other problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 06:50 AM

857 posts, read 4,878,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I moved back to the West Coast of FL in Dec after living in Vero Beach for 6 months. I had a terrible personal experience, but otherwise I liked the people very much. The beach parks are also very clean & well maintained. After living in Naples & Bonita Springs, I thought I had moved to a different country when people stopped to help me carry bundles. .
Nancy,
Can you tell me a little bit about how you feel Vero Beach compares to Port Charlotte? I am coming down to Fla later this month to look at both areas. I am familiar with the east coast because my mother lives there, but I am not as familiar with the west coast and I would like to know which area I am more likely to find a bargain in.Moderator cut: No advertising - business or profession.
Moving to Florida will be a big adjustment for me but I think I am ready. It is just a matter of figuring out where to go.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by 2goldens; 03-10-2010 at 07:30 AM.. Reason: removed

Old 03-10-2010, 05:47 PM

91 posts, read 408,717 times
We live in Vero and love it. Check out trillium off 60 on 66. close to mall, shopping and just a few miles to the beach. great prices on close out development and one nice thing is the development will actually be finished lunlike many here in the area. gated and we pay 190.00 for all yard work/ club house/ great for turn key residents although many are full time residents in the community.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:09 AM

36 posts, read 98,464 times
Realtor.com is the "go to" place. Then Trulia. I'd avoid zillow. Use your google maps to do aerial views of neighborhoods. But find a reputable, well established brokerage and use the knowledge they can supply...for free!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach