Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 01:03 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,929,190 times

Advertisements

Sure not a problem, I'm quite sure you know where this is but rather than post the name of my community, I can tell you it is located near Central Blvd and Donald Ross Rd. I paid under 200k for my home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 01:22 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,171,748 times
Well.. I guessed you would be some place around or in Abacoa but that area is full of many many kinds of homes in all prices and sizes. You could be in 1 bedroom town home or something many times larger in that area. Price wise... I'll see what I can find.

The main reason for this whole thread is the cost of housing. I don't disagree that I loved living in Jupiter and/or Palm Beach Gardens, but the thread is about the cost of a family living in a home and homes in PSL ARE cheaper than living in Palm Beach County.

Added: All I can see from an ariel view of the location you described as at Central and Donald Ross Rd is condo/townhomes ..not single family homes. You are apparently in attached housing. Be it either what we would consider a condo with someone above or below you, but you are attached, correct? Because that would bring your price down considerably. Forgive me if I'm wrong but it's difficult when I don't know exactly where I am looking, but all I see in that specific location you posted such as
Osceola Woods.

Last edited by FlaLadyB; 05-02-2010 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: additional information

Old 05-02-2010, 02:34 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,779,804 times
I have a friend that just got a great deal right off PGA and the turnpike - I think its San Merino?

Old 05-02-2010, 06:35 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,929,190 times
Yes, they are attached. They are 2 story but no one is above or below.

StilltheSame, San Merano I believe is still a rental community. I lived on a 7mo lease when I first moved to PBG 2 years ago. Also (a little history on San Merano): They were supposed to go 'condo' back in 2005 (?) but for some reason- the deal never panned out. Some of the apartments were sold- the others were remodeled in preparation for the condo conversion. Bottom line, it never happened and as far as I understand, it's still rental. Not sure if you are stating that your friend purchased a unit or if you're referring to getting a good deal on rent. If they are still selling, that would be awesome for them. It was a great place when I was there and from what I understand, it still is.

http://www.kolterapartments.com/

Old 05-02-2010, 07:57 PM

Pretty - sorry its Mirasol I think.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:25 PM

Mirasol is a golf course country club that has been around for a while now. Many of my past friends in real estate that I worked with at The Polo Club in Boca Raton worked there - but we are not talking anything remotely close to what is available at Abacoa or San Marino. Totally different, even in location even though they are both in Palm Beach Gardens.

San Marino behind to the PGA mall, well lets say that many developers start off one way and what they really want is the other way. Start off as condos and then turn them in to rentals. Depends on what is happening at the City at the moment and what they will allow to be built. Either way, it didn't take off like they planned - conversion - as many other large developments. Same thing happened here with The Belmont and The Club. They did the same thing, but on a much much smaller scale.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:04 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,568,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
Pretty - sorry its Mirasol I think.
Lennar (name?) has a townhome development in that area (Central and Donald Ross). And Centex (Legends) has a two story condo development there too. Some of those condos have two stories with one car garage, more like a townhome.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:18 PM

20 posts, read 63,031 times
I was looking at moving to Port Saint Lucie from Massachusetts and now I'm looking on the Gulf near Largo b/c I couldn't find any jobs in the area

Old 05-05-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechichiChihuahuas View Post
I was looking at moving to Port Saint Lucie from Massachusetts and now I'm looking on the Gulf near Largo b/c I couldn't find any jobs in the area
Exactly.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:47 PM

Port St Lucie is not a BUSINESS community. Many people who live here commute to Palm Beach Gardens or West Palm Beach. There are MANY posts on that subject in these forums
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach