Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 07:08 PM

12 posts, read 45,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeefran View Post
Hi - have been looking at Realtor. com to try and get info on some homes for sale in the Vero Beach area. I have seen quite a few newer homes in Vero Lake Estates and they are listed below $100K. I am suspecting something may be wrong with the area or homes (chinese drywall?). There were a good many listed and just wanted to find out if this was a good area as opposed to another section of Vero Beach.

We are just in the thinking stage of an investment property and possibly living there in about 3 years or so. I have seen Port St. Lucie already and know they have cheaper homes there. The problem for me is that there seems to be lower standards of keeping property. I've seen a number of homes in the Port St. Lucie area where people are allowed to park cars on their property (lawns front and side and rear). I don't mean to be that picky but this is something I do not want to put up with.

Any suggestions again, about Vero Beach and if rules are tighter there as well as far as property ownership.? Thank you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, we also like move to Vero beach next year but we chose active adult community-"Falcon Trace".Modern,energy efitients home3/2/2 for $164,900.
Good luck,W&A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 04:23 PM

2 posts, read 5,075 times
Hi , I was wondering, what is Chinese drywall?

Old 09-19-2010, 04:25 PM

2 posts, read 5,075 times
Hi, what is Chinese drywall?

Old 09-19-2010, 04:27 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,194,261 times
its not good .. please do a search on the top of the forums. There is a lot of information on it.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,485 times
Default looking in FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeefran View Post
Thanks everyone for your replies. I guess there are good and not so good areas in all towns across America. We are planning a trip to Florida in November this year. We are on a budget and that is why the newer and less expensive homes appeal to us but the area is very important, as well.
My guess is that it is hard to find a nice home for a great price in a good area unless you visit different towns frequently and have the time to spend on each visit for a good hard look. My husband is still working and we don't have that opportunity right now.

I'll check out Sebastian though on realtor.com and see what is going on over there. Thanks again.

We are also looking at Vero Beach area. I have a HS sophmore so I am concerned about public high schools. You mentioned looking at Realtor.com are you familiar with Zillow.com? They give more info and have the tax info and will also provide you with PITI for hte individual home you are looking at and you can change the figures for the downpayment.
Have a wonderful trip. I also need to find a job there too.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:58 AM

2 posts, read 2,938 times
I have friends that purchased land and built in Jupitor and from what I noticed is that some developments have committees and they enforce guidelines for all the homes being built such as a certain percentage of you lot must be landscaped with gardens and certain type fences need to go if needed. I think when these restrictions are enforced it makes your neighborhood look that much nicer and the people all ready know about it when they move in so there are no surprises. I think this is a fantastic idea because you know you'll always have a decent neighborhood all around you and you don't have to worry about junk cars being worked on in the drive way and grass growing up to your knees. It's all for your own good and your property values. Now I have 2 lots of land my grandfather purchased for my brother and I in 1958 when he came down from Philadelphia for convention with the Police Commissioner. I just wish there were far more restrictions than there is now. We're trying to decide what to do with the land now.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:13 AM

2 posts, read 2,938 times
I too was wondering about the Vero Lake Estates area. I have 2 lots about an acre each that my grandfather purchased in 1958 and we're thinking about selling them now and are wondering what the lots are going for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach