Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
 [Register]
Portland area Portland, ME metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 05:37 AM

404 posts, read 777,897 times

Advertisements

Thanks for updating us! I often wonder what people actually think when they get all the feed back here and come to explore. You are so right about each having its own feel. All the towns are very different yet pretty close together. I think you'll fit in fine in any of the communities, and they are all good ones. I'd say just start looking at housing or continue as I'm sure you've been looking and see what excites you. Thanks again for the Update!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 09:39 AM

6 posts, read 12,629 times
What a great thread...thanks to the OP for updating, and everyone else who responded. As part of a (large) family who has dreamed of moving to Maine for many years, this information is very helpful. I have 2 seniors in high school currently, and a 4 & 2 year old that will be school-age by the time we make our move...and this thread will aid in our own search. Thanks again.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:01 PM

9 posts, read 16,357 times
We are most likely going to be moving to the Portland area at the end of June! We are very excited to be making our way up there. With three young kids and the first one starting elementary school (K) this year we seem to be pulled toward Falmouth with the new elementary school and for work reasons the north side of Portland is the best fit. I'm ready for some clams and fresh fish right now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area