U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
 [Register]
Portland area Portland, ME metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-21-2013, 06:02 PM

218 posts, read 99,529 times
Unhappy Saco Falls Management --> The Mill @ Saco Falls

Are there any people here who are residents of the building in Biddeford? Has anyone recognized how residents are turning on each other and how vocal some of them are? There is a big conflict of interest situation going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 08:59 PM

20 posts, read 17,030 times
Sad to hear. I used to know someone who lived their place was great.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:42 AM

4 posts, read 3,551 times
It's low-income housing and all the stereotypical drama involved with similar communities in the region. I lived in the Biddeford-Saco-OOB area for most of the time a have resided in Maine, there has always been the same drama with the same people involved, they are all just a bit more consolidated now. I have spent significant time "partying" at the Mills over the past few years, it beats Bacon St anyway. The have been renovating those mill buildings and converting them into housing and a business park with varying degrees of success over the years, it's becoming mostly low-income housing now as the older renovations are starting to show their age & the investors have pretty much milked that cash-cow to death and moved on the properties across the street down by the marina where the focus seems to be a higher-income area. The re-vitalization $$ from a few years ago seems to be focused into upgrading the common areas/business parts of the Mills. It's very reasonable for a semi-secure building and parking area close to everything in Biddeford & Saco, especially if you can keep clear of the drama. There is a rumored proposal to put a Police/Security substation at the Mills due to the increased crime/drug activity.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:58 AM

20 posts, read 17,030 times
I guess I'm thinking of something else. The place I remember was not low income housing. They were expensive as hell.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:13 AM

33,694 posts, read 10,452,050 times
That is what I thought too boozey.....those condo's you can see from the Run Of The Mill patio.....I thought they were upscale artsy lofts. The location is spectacular....I was interested in looking at them (if I didnt have dogs).....

and now that the incinerator is gone....it will be even more desirable.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:51 PM

They aren't all "low income." Some are market price, some are (slightly lower), and apparently there was a deal with the city to allow Section 8 families, as well as Domestic Violence displacements, etc.

The apartments themselves are very, very, nice. And with the takeover by the "new" management association, there has been improvement poured into the problem areas, as well. I have a police scanner, and there is no where near enough activity to warrant a sub-station.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:16 AM

11 posts, read 15,128 times
I know it's a little late but the ones you are referring to are the ones located @ Pepperell Mill Campus AKA North Dam Mill which I believe is actually in Biddeford. These units offer both Standard & Luxury Apts. (Studios - 2 bedrooms & Lofts). Standard Units I believe range 800-1350 & Luxury 1,600 -2,300 . All units incl. Heat & HW , Electric, Cable, Wifi, Pet Friendly ect. the Luxury Units offer central air, WD Dryer Hook Ups, Natural gas for fireplace, W/D & kitchen appliances , Reserved PArking.

The other units described above are for the Mills @ Saco Falls which is in Saco but they are right next to each other just divided by the river. Those units offer both fair market & subsidy apartments. & I've heard good things since new management has taken over.... they are both only a couple years old opened in 2010 I believe.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestial04072 View Post
The other units described above are for the Mills @ Saco Falls which is in Saco but they are right next to each other just divided by the river. Those units offer both fair market & subsidy apartments. & I've heard good things since new management has taken over.... they are both only a couple years old opened in 2010 I believe.
The address of "The Mill@Saco Falls" is 100 Saco Falls Way, BIDDEFORD. They have fair market, below market, and NO subsidized units, although they do accept Section 8.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area