Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
 [Register]
Portland area Portland, ME metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 02:39 PM

2 posts, read 3,571 times

Advertisements

Do you like BJ's or SAMs in the Portland area? Which is better and more popular/busy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 03:30 PM

810 posts, read 845,191 times
I have no espereince but I would choose BJ over Sam's club as I will not shop at any form of Walmart.

Old 12-05-2015, 10:42 PM

28 posts, read 46,556 times
I prefer BJs. less crowded, better produce/grocery section, everything else comparable.

Old 12-10-2015, 05:34 PM

Do you have any Costco's in Maine? We do some of our shopping there, when we need to stock up on certain items use a lot of.

We also have Winco which is good and has excellent prices way better than Wally World and they pay their employees a decent wage.

Old 12-12-2015, 08:31 AM

1,246 posts, read 1,289,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl063 View Post
Do you have any Costco's in Maine? We do some of our shopping there, when we need to stock up on certain items use a lot of.

We also have Winco which is good and has excellent prices way better than Wally World and they pay their employees a decent wage.
Wish they did as we use to do alot of shopping at Cosco when we lived in Virginia. I even had to change dog foods when we moved up here. Luckily- Kirkland is made by Diamond so it was not a big change just to switch to Diamond at Tractor Supply.

Old 12-12-2015, 11:27 PM

If we moved to Maine I know I would miss Costco for sure. I could do a search and see where the closest one is. Might be worth a day trip to stock up once every couple months or so on stuff we use a lot of.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:30 PM

879 posts, read 2,332,315 times
There may be a new Costco in Westbrook's near future.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:27 PM

Quote:
If we moved to Maine I know I would miss Costco for sure. I could do a search and see where the closest one is. Might be worth a day trip to stock up once every couple months or so on stuff we use a lot of.
Yea we miss Costco also but we have managed. In some respects, many times the super Walmarts have similar pricing. As I said though, we did have to change dog food for my gang.
There is one, so I heard, in St.John, and while we would have to cross the Border, that might be an option for us down the road.
Right now, neither of us has an active passport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubthang View Post
There may be a new Costco in Westbrook's near future.
Well- that would be nice, though still over 3 hours away.
That is the one thing I do miss living here in Maine. We use to be able to get huge dog beds for like 25 dollars from them etc. It is items like this that I miss, where as super Walmarts/Tractor supplies etc have filled in the gap in other things.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:45 AM

We bought one of those dog bed for ours. She loves it. Well worth the $25 we spent on it considering if you go to a normal pet store they are about double that price.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
We bought one of those dog bed for ours. She loves it. Well worth the $25 we spent on it considering if you go to a normal pet store they are about double that price.
Oh- Exactly ! If not more than that.
My dogs are large and needing a bed about the size of a crib mattress. Costco even sells those- and at a better price and better quality.
And I love Costco bread rolls. They make the best Chiabatta rolls and bread !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
View detailed profiles of: