U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
 [Register]
Portland area Portland, ME metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-15-2008, 03:59 PM

1,784 posts, read 1,959,204 times

Advertisements

If I was there, I'd go see him hit it out of the ballpark. Lucky Portlanders.

Big Papi's on deck | Portland Press Herald

I'm a HUGE Sox fan and only get to see them sparingly on the tube out here. I can see all the games at a local sports bar but end up drinking too many beers. Last year, I watched most of their games on MLB.com but watching a game on a computer isn't quite the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 04:14 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,872,534 times
Me too Rmoore007! I'd go see him in a heartbeat! I have to go to a bar to see them too! What a pain! However I do have a real Boston bar just a mile down the beach from me. The owner, all of his help and most of the patrons are all native New Englanders. If I want to watch any Boston game, that's the place to go. They also try to serve some local Boston fare, they haven't quite mastered that yet though. Bout' as far as they've gotten is a bottle of Sam Adams.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:17 PM

8,759 posts, read 11,703,395 times
They announced today on WGAN the game with Ortiz is sold out.

Old 07-15-2008, 05:30 PM

1,784 posts, read 1,959,204 times
Being sold out, not surprised. We have the Triple A Sacramento River Cats, part of the A's. rivercats.com: Home Raley Field is a fun place to see a game and they seem to go to the playoffs and win almost every year. They've had a good system for years and many Cats players have gone to the majors. As can be said for the Red Sox and their farm system.

I'm close to where Dustin Pedroia lives, Woodland, CA. It's only 20 minutes away, just past the Sacramento Airport. Here's some pictures of Main Street and around town. If your a die-hard Pedroia fan anyways.

Parents tire shop

Main Street

Wodland has it all

hehehe

Another beautiful Halliburton property.

And on another street in Woodland

Old 07-17-2008, 08:55 AM

7,508 posts, read 14,642,756 times
Eh, I have tickets to Monday nights game, but the GF would will be pissed as she is now a converted Red Sox fan (but the Twins are still her #1). Me, can't say that I like them. The A's will always be my hometown boys.

Those pictures of Woodland.......hmmm.....been there many times. The thing that I like about Woodland, besides being stuck in the 50's is that it is one of the many towns in California that people out-side of the state are not familiar with, let alone being able to believe that they exists. I mean, a Californian town that does not have a beach, movie stars or ubber liberal ding bats? Your kidding me?

Old 07-17-2008, 12:58 PM

8,759 posts, read 11,703,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoore007 View Post
Being sold out, not surprised. We have the Triple A Sacramento River Cats, part of the A's. rivercats.com: Home Raley Field is a fun place to see a game and they seem to go to the playoffs and win almost every year. They've had a good system for years and many Cats players have gone to the majors. As can be said for the Red Sox and their farm system.

I'm close to where Dustin Pedroia lives, Woodland, CA. It's only 20 minutes away, just past the Sacramento Airport. Here's some pictures of Main Street and around town. If your a die-hard Pedroia fan anyways.
Love the photos RMoore007!

Old 08-12-2008, 09:04 AM

250 posts, read 415,966 times
Now that ManRam is gone and Big Papi has lost his protection, his production will probably find its true value. So, you may get to see a lot more of him in Portland.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:58 AM

7,508 posts, read 14,642,756 times
The GF put our tickets on Craigslist and someone offered $75 for the pair. She decided not to sell them and we ended up going. All I got to say is it was a big whoop-dee-doo Even though Papi received a standing ovation a couple of times, he was terrible at bat. I mean really bad. Yeah, the guy had a shoulder injury, but sheesh, the way that he was playing you wouldn't believe that he was an MLB player.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area