Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 04:49 AM

7 posts, read 13,115 times

Advertisements

Jolly green eunuch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 06:25 AM

3 posts, read 5,296 times
I stand by what I said 100%. I would never in a million years date a girly man, especially with the criteria I had previously stated. Luckily, I'm married to a very non girly man, nor is he a meat head either. I don't think girly man equates gay either, I never said that, so please don't change my words or their meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcims View Post
well.. would you rather have some egotistical meat head types instead?

are flip flops considered girly or something? same goes with not eating meat?

i don't think so.

you paint a picture of frolicking males in flip flops eating carrots or something.

as it might be hard to believe that a man could not do those things. some people have never been around the tools to do such. especially young males who have never had to do house work, or car work for that matter. doesn't make them girly in my opinion, just lacking expertise and experience. i can do the latter but don't look down on those who can't. if anything i'd show them how easy it can be done.
Why is it one extreme or the other, meat-head versus girly man? Both repulse me, girly man more than meat head though. If I wanted to date a girl, I'd be a lesbian. Why is it girly men = frolicking? I never said that. You're making a gross stereotype with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowGoesIt View Post
I have to agree. There are certain things a man should know, like how to change a tire and do basic tasks around the house. Most women I have met in my life appreciate a man who is fairly masculine and knows how to be a man when needed.

However, there is a huge difference between being masculine and being a complete meathead
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalea City Man View Post
I live in Alabama. I wear flip-flops in the summer and call a tow service if I get a flat (don't know how to change one). Now I do eat meat, but not a whole lot and definitely not red meat, unless it is pepperoni on a pizza. Mainly just ocassional turkey, chicken, or fish. I do know how to use a hammer though, and am a good craftsman when it comes to building stuff. Am straight, for what it is worth. I do wear tight jeans in the winter.

Just pointing out that us "girly men" can be found all over.
Good for you. By this description, I would say you're definitely a girly man.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:36 AM

72,833 posts, read 62,219,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauxbatonsDropout View Post
I stand by what I said 100%. I would never in a million years date a girly man, especially with the criteria I had previously stated. Luckily, I'm married to a very non girly man, nor is he a meat head either. I don't think girly man equates gay either, I never said that, so please don't change my words or their meaning.

Why is it one extreme or the other, meat-head versus girly man? Both repulse me, girly man more than meat head though. If I wanted to date a girl, I'd be a lesbian. Why is it girly men = frolicking? I never said that. You're making a gross stereotype with that.

Exactly.

Good for you. By this description, I would say you're definitely a girly man.
Here is something I have to ask you. I am a straight male. I don't drive, and I barely know how(and to make things worse I live in one of the most sprawled cities in the USA). I like things with Hello Kitty on them. I occasionally watch old clips of Sesame Street. I occasionally sport a pink shirt. I walk most places. I don't care for bars much(unless it's karaoke night). I do eat meat. I do know how to change a tire. What might you consider that?

Old 08-28-2010, 10:53 AM

639 posts, read 1,594,493 times
peter pan?

Old 08-28-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroseinrain View Post
peter pan?
What are you talking about?

Old 08-28-2010, 03:17 PM

I don't know....

I don't think people can be put into categories like 'manly' or 'un-manly'. I think everybody is somewhere in between and there is no absolute man or woman. It seems silly to me to label people as one or the other when we are all really both in many ways.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:33 PM

14 posts, read 26,624 times
Portland is a Lady?? Love it!!!

There will be fewer wars..

Old 08-28-2010, 06:35 PM

14 posts, read 26,624 times
Portand is the Lady?? Love it!!

There will be fewer wars...

Old 09-12-2010, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroseinrain View Post
I don't know....

I don't think people can be put into categories like 'manly' or 'un-manly'. I think everybody is somewhere in between and there is no absolute man or woman. It seems silly to me to label people as one or the other when we are all really both in many ways.
I was asking because I was trying to figure out what you meant when you said Peter Pan.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:24 AM

I said that to describe a man who still has an interest in childish things (hello kitty/sesame street) - but, really, I was just brainstorming since that doesn't really make any sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland