U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 08-14-2010, 12:36 PM

1,342 posts, read 731,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
With all the breweries and iron bridges around there, I for one second never thought Portland would be at the bottom of any "man list".

Also, I regularly bicycle down in the desert, rain or freezing wind.
The dude-bruhs barreling past in their heated, lifted trucks in 20 degree weather while I spin the cranks are the real princesses.

Yea WTF!! Me too. I thought the same thing NTM the fascination for Beeaaahhhhhh!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 08-14-2010, 01:05 PM

139 posts, read 325,253 times
Portland isn't a female. It's a eunuch. Poor Portland. And it's ruled by Aries, too, if that's any help.

Unread 08-14-2010, 01:58 PM

24,053 posts, read 19,029,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORexpat View Post
Portland isn't a female. It's a eunuch. Poor Portland. And it's ruled by Aries, too, if that's any help.
What are you talking about?

Unread 08-14-2010, 11:30 PM

1,755 posts, read 1,550,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I guess I am not manly by any stretch if that is what it means. I would never shoot bullet holes into a Prius if I could help it. I have actually thought a Prius was a good car.
Well, I'd take that 70s F-series over the Prius any day due to its mechanical simplicity.
If I ever decide to purchase a motor vehicle again.

Unread 08-15-2010, 12:58 AM

24,053 posts, read 19,029,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
Well, I'd take that 70s F-series over the Prius any day due to its mechanical simplicity.
If I ever decide to purchase a motor vehicle again.
I wouldn't buy one. It is too big for me. Then again, I have never owned a vehicle, and I don't drive either.

Unread 08-17-2010, 12:15 PM

2,213 posts, read 2,141,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauxbatonsDropout View Post
Well, I have been seeing a lot of "men" walking around in flip flops, I know quite a few "men" who are vegetarians, and I've seen some "men" who don't know how to change a tire or who don't how to use a hammer.

Very girly-manish in my mind and girly straight men are .
If you are the type of person that has to dress a certain way, eat a certain way, be interested in certain things, in order to be "manly" then the onus is on you, not us. Some of us are secure in our sexuality.

If everyone has to dress in cowboy boots and eat steak, that's not called being "manly", that's called being a "conformist". True men are confident enough to be themselves.

BTW, I am a man that doesn't wear flip flops, loves a nice rare steak, can rebuild an engine, and uses my hammer to nail up pictures and open walnuts. I also have lots of hot sex with other men. And all those dudes I am having sex with think I am very "manly".

Welcome to the 21st century beuxbatons. Nice to have you.

Unread 08-17-2010, 07:18 PM

640 posts, read 832,716 times
The good ones are always taken... or gay... or both.

Unread 08-17-2010, 08:04 PM

2,213 posts, read 2,141,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroseinrain View Post
The good ones are always taken... or gay... or both.
They are only good because someone snatched them up, cleaned their nose, and taught them to eat with their mouths closed.

Trust me. All of the "good ones" have had a LOT of work put into them by someone, to get them that way.

Unread 08-18-2010, 10:21 AM

1,342 posts, read 731,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
What are you talking about?

Its a city that got its balls cut off is what he means lol.

Unread 08-18-2010, 10:37 AM

8,745 posts, read 4,898,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosecitywanderer View Post
By the definition of this survey, in order to be a manly man, you have to be (at the very least) overweight and being obese certainly increases your chances. I didn't realize looking like Jabba the Hutt was the unofficial target for ultimate manliness.
LMAO! Perfectly put.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland