U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 08:51 PM

1 posts, read 829 times
Villa Jene Apartments: 2190 West Burnside Street in Portland is a historic landmark (on the National Registry) and happens to be a very gay friendly building...in the gay friendly historic Alphabet District. Even accepts large breed pets!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 03:24 PM

3,132 posts, read 2,952,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuve View Post
... Even accepts large breed pets!
Even bears?

Old 04-12-2012, 03:42 PM

6,477 posts, read 5,955,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emathias View Post
Even bears?
Ha Ha!

Old 04-15-2012, 09:25 PM

381 posts, read 450,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emathias View Post
Even bears?
Okay - I may be straight, but that was funny!

Old 04-19-2012, 08:26 AM

17 posts, read 45,171 times
Portland is gay friendly for sure. There are some people that may not be but you'll find that everywhere. As a whole Portland is gay friendly.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:06 AM

64 posts, read 16,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausa View Post
Portland is very gay friendly...don't let the "i'm opposed to homosexuality" and "i've worked with some homosexuals" types scare you. Multnomah County (where Portland is located) is about 75% democrats...even if they're not gay, they're open minded and progressive. Downtown Portland is a great walking neighborhood. The Pearl district is probably the trendiest area, with lofts, restaurants, bars, etc. Really, all neighborhoods in Portland have gay people. You wouldn't feel out of place in any of them. Northwest, Irvington, Laurelhurst, Mt. Tabor, Sellwood, Hawthorne, Belmont...Portland is a nice place...if this is where you want to be, don't think for a second that you won't be welcome.
Good Luck!
Well thats pretty much me.. I talked with some homosexuals in the past and they only go the way they go due to circumstances.. you are not born gay. Its also possible that what some kids consume growing up could have things in it to make them gay too, but you're not born that way.

All neighborhoods in Portland do not have gay people.. hate to say. In fact I see very little of it here even wandering into these "progressive" areas. Theres a place downtown I saw but I got news for you, St Petersburg FL/Tampa is more gay than it is here especially if you're talking about the Ru Paul
outwardly types or Perez Hilton types, gotta go to
SF,
Atlanta or L.A and small sentiments of it are in Tampa area too.

If anyone here is close to gay in Portland, my guess is people could be bi and they post on craigslist but you wouldn't know in person kinda like those mountain men types who live in the area but don't really disclose or because they come off so manly, nobody would think they are.

Portland could be more like this than an OUTWARD homosexual population like say the other cities I mentioned.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechmanOR View Post
Portland is too tolerant on things they shouldn't be. I'm not sure how those organizations that let those runaway kids do whatever they want is not considered to be interfering with custody and contributing to the delinquency of minors.

High school kids are not supposed to be out past midnight even on non-school nights, yet there are several underage clubs open past midnight. Technically, just about every one of them is in violation of curfew law, but I don't see the cops doing anything about [the curfew law]
Thats why transplants like me need to be here.. people who seen the results of what being tolerant to bad things can do and are more than happy to kick this place back into shape with an injection of intolerance. I can be a real hard ass with some things, but it makes the environment better is what I say.. Order leads to more freedom.. tolerance to anything at all leads to chaos. Homelessness should never be enabled, homosexuality shouldn't, excessive tattoos shouldn't, interracial marriages shouldn't, flash mobs looting stores shouldn't, NAMBLA I see is trying to get rights too.. is this normal??? and Sam Adams is right on board with them too!

I believe in legalizing all and any drugs though. Maybe we won't have so many junkies if all drugs were legal so in this respect, I am liberal. I think kids need to see it in the stores and see the results and this way they can determine if its a good choice to use or not.

Last edited by johnnyboy14; 05-06-2012 at 05:18 AM..

Old 05-06-2012, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kander63 View Post
Sounds like you'd fit in well in Gresham, Estacada or Molalla.
Is that supposed to be a bad thing?? Your tone sounds like oh hes just another toothless redneck only you're being polite.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:56 AM

8 posts, read 7,795 times
Default Homosexuals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden View Post
I'm opposed to the homosexual lifestyle, myself. But Portland is almost accepting of it as San Francisco.

In business, I worked primarily in the suburbs, and asked more than half of my 600 customers how they felt about homosexuals.

What I gathered, is that a far bigger percentage of professional business people, are not accepting of homosexuality in the suburbs, but are not actively in opposition to it.

So Portland is quite a bit more accepting of it than the suburban areas.

A few of my customers were homosexuals, but I still did work for them, and we maintained out own political space. Never really crossed moral swords with any of them in the realm of commerce.
Are you freaking kidding me? You start off you comment with...."I'm opposed to the homosexual lifestyle............etc"............

And, who in the hell says "homosexual" anymore?

I find all of this very offensive..........No matter how hard you are trying.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:49 PM

3,132 posts, read 2,952,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drrsbald View Post
Are you freaking kidding me? You start off you comment with...."I'm opposed to the homosexual lifestyle............etc"............

And, who in the hell says "homosexual" anymore?

I find all of this very offensive..........No matter how hard you are trying.
Check the date - he said it almost six years ago. Not that it's a great statement, but a lot of people have learned and changed in the past six years if opinion polls are to believed. No need to attack someone for old opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland