Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 09:27 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,047,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1
What schools did you go to and when? Poynter and Glencoe? I grew up in Hillsboro.
- Reedville elementry, RA Brown Jr.High. - we moved to Forest Grove when i started 10thgrade. -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2006, 01:26 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffela74
- Reedville elementry, RA Brown Jr.High. - we moved to Forest Grove when i started 10thgrade. -
Really, I went to Forest Grove High from 86-88

Old 08-21-2006, 08:34 PM

3 posts, read 30,766 times
Default More info requested

Thanks to everyone who responded.. I have a few more questions that I am hoping someone can provide some insight. We are also thinking of relocating to Vancouver, WA and thoughts/suggestions and how does it compare to the Portland area when it comes to auto insurance, housing, etc. Any specific areas to stay away from?

Also for the Tigard,West Linn area are there are apartments(around $600-800) per month for a one bedroom that you would recommend and why. We do have a small dog.

Also I heard mixed things about the Sherwood, Tualatin area any thoughts?

Thanks so much

Old 08-21-2006, 10:25 PM

West Linn is at the top of the list for me out of the choices you gave. And Id think there should be some Apartments for rent in that range. - We lived in Tigard a few years back, and were paying 600.00month for a small basic 2bdrm apartment. but again, that was....hummm...about 8yrs ago. You might try contacting some property managers and check into duplexes too. Its awful hard for some reason to get into a place if you have pet(s) but keep scouting, there are some!!
You can look at the Oregonian (local paper) online too and check the classifieds that way, might find some $$s to call and a better idea of what is out there in each area your interested in. Always helpful to see the local news there too before making decisions. - anyhow, its oregonlive.com
Good luck, i hope you find what you need.
Tiff

Old 08-28-2006, 05:10 PM

8 posts, read 33,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffela74 View Post
if youre looking for a little smaller, but close by, you might look into Damascus. Very small, but seems to have a fairly good variaty of homes. Tiff
Damascus is about to blow up! It's small now but it's about to become a 'real' town. My brother-in-law works for the city planners and they're about to really expand this area with tons of new development... Now is the time to buy real estate there.

Old 08-28-2006, 06:33 PM

8 posts, read 33,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1 View Post
Multnomah Village is wonderful if you can afford it, Lake Oswego too.
So does anyone have any idea how long the commute is from Multnomah Village to downtown Portland? Also, why is it so highly recommended? I saw some pictures online of the area and didn't seem impressive, just curious what you all liked about it. Thanks so much for your help.

Last edited by bluepuma2004; 08-28-2006 at 06:42 PM.. Reason: forgot to add a question

Old 09-05-2006, 12:33 AM

3,155 posts, read 10,755,862 times
Default SE Portland is GREAT

I don't know why the previous person said to avoid SE Portland. Close in SE is wonderful!! We have walking neighborhoods, excellent parks, charming homes, close to downtown (10 min commute), bicycle friendly, wonderful shops, restaurants, etc.

Neighborhoods to look are are: Sellwood/ Moreland, East Moreland, Hawthorne, Ladds Addition.

In my safe neighborhood of Sellwood/ Moreland, you can walk to practically everything you need. And all the neighbors know each other, unlike the burbs where you know your next door neighbors and thats it.

Good luck!

Old 09-05-2006, 11:19 AM

So does anyone have any idea how long the commute is from Multnomah Village to downtown Portland?
- my mom lived in MV and worked off 23rd/Burnside and it took her about 15/20 min. to drive to work in the mornings. - she just went up over Vista and drove that route, its beautiful!

Old 09-24-2006, 11:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,934 times
Default Portland schools

Make sure to check into the schools if you are planning to move into Portland proper and have kids. Some schools are great, but the district as a whole has some serious funding issues and has trouble attracting the best teachers because of it. Beaverton has a quality district (but yes traffic sucks and it is suburbia at it's worst), and so does Lake Oswego. The Evergreen district in E. Vancouver is amazing if you are considering moving out there.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:48 PM

24 posts, read 98,406 times
OK I lived there a long time ago and I keep hearing Multnomah Village is wonderful. Where the heck is Multnomah village? Thanks for educating me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland