Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 01:15 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,138,742 times

Advertisements

If anyone cares to research it, they'll find that any planned "Community Housing" is NOT a part of Villebois. The statute which allowed the state to sell the property (ORS.426.508) to the city of Wilsonville, required that it retain not more than 10 acres to build some replacement housing. Just how many acres they did retain, and what is planned, I don't know. To add further clarification, the state's definition of "Community Housing" (from this site) is:
Quote:
(1) "Community housing" means real property, improvements and related equipment that are used or could be used to house persons with a serious mental illness in community-based settings consistent with ORS 426.502(2). It does not include hospitals, nursing homes, correctional facilities and other institutional housing except as provided in subsection (5) of this rule.
From what I surmise, Villebois is a planned "community." Not an enclave for the rich and perfect. Being outraged that there will likely be people with mental illness living in the community seems a bit NIMBY to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 10:09 AM

2 posts, read 10,005 times
On the last page of the Arbor homes brochure there is an allusion to what Familyman66 might be referring to. Under "A commitment to the state of Oregon" The last line refers to: 10 acres committed to "community housing" I do not know what that means. I do not think it means private housing. Does anyone have any knowledge of the 1999 Oregon Legislature bill as referred to in that same paragraph? Louis-v

Old 11-29-2008, 10:22 AM

2 posts, read 10,005 times
Default re: Familyman66

The last paragraph in the Arbor homes brochure talks about a commitment of 10 acres to create "community housing". I don't know what this means, but I do not believe this is private housing. This and the reference to a 1999 Oregon Legislature bill may be what Familyman66 was referring to.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:57 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,138,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis-v View Post
The last paragraph in the Arbor homes brochure talks about a commitment of 10 acres to create "community housing". I don't know what this means, but I do not believe this is private housing. This and the reference to a 1999 Oregon Legislature bill may be what Familyman66 was referring to.
You apparently didn't read my post, which immediately preceded yours. It defines the term.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,861 times
Default Misinformation

I represent Costa Pacific Communities as their sales and marketing manager for the Villebois Village Center. I can tell you that there is a wealth of information available regarding community housing.

Familyman66 was asking the wrong questions and therefore did not receive the answers that he was looking for. He contacted me several times and asked if I could give him a detailed description of where every community housing location is in Villebois. That question is like asking me to tell him where every Jewish person lives or every single mother or every person that is - name a religion or etc..... His type of questioning violates the
[FONT=&quot]Civil Rights Act of 1968 (Title VIII: Fair Housing Act).

There are currently over 1,000 residents living in Villebois and not one of them has ever come to me with an issue regarding community housing. The overwhlming sentiment is that people truly love to live here.

I am also a father of three children that lives in Villebois. We recently moved from Idaho. Because we moved to such a great community it made the transition so much easier than it could have been. The kids love it here as does my wife.

I would welcome the opportunity to talk with anyone interested in discussing Villebois and the community housing located in Villebois. There are no secrets and the boogeyman is only out to get Familyman66.

I can be reached at 503-855-4661 or [email]info@costapacific.com[/email]

Signed,

A truly happy resident of Villebois.

Andy Green

[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Old 03-16-2009, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 4,815 times
I am thinking of retiring to Portland. I have seen some nice condos in Forest Heights as I want to be close to the "green areas". However, I also like the idea of being able to walk to stores and restaurants. For that, I thought maybe Multnomah Village might be better. Is there any area that has both of these things? Also, I am single and sixty, so the safety issue has to be considered. I would appreciate any info you could give me. Jean

Old 03-24-2009, 06:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,769 times
A bit more information can be found in this Oregon Addiction & Mental Health report, found on their website (the information regarding Villebois is on pages 69-70):

http://www.oregon.gov/DHS/aboutdhs/b..._narrative.pdf

"AMH is working with private developers to integrate community housing into the new urban village community at the former Dammasch site in Wilsonville. AMH expects to develop 20-24 projects during the next 10 years. The first project, a five-resident group home called Hearthstone, opened in August 2006. The second project, a 20-unit apartment complex, is expected to break ground in May 2007. Five more projects are in the pipeline."

Make of that what you will.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 4,689 times
Just a few comments positive/negative from someone who actually lives in and likes Villebois. First, it is a beautifully planned/maintained community. At this point from my experience, almost all the people I have come in contact with who live here are very nice, respectful people. To comment on some of the previously discussed questions/statements. Yes, there is different planned "community"housing for the area. There is a 5-resident group home already. In response to EnricoV's comments, there is a great mix of people from different backgrounds/cultures in Villebois already and the people don't think it is an "enclave for the rich and perfect". And no one I have spoken to is "outraged" by mentally ill people. Being that said, since when is it a crime to be concerned about one's neighborhood? The Oregon Addictions and Mental Health Division (AMH) places people of many different problems in these "community" homes. What HAS concerned people is that the housing will be for Drug addicted, Gambling addicted and alcohol addicted patrons. I think this is a valid question for someone to ask who not only lives in Villebois, but pays some of the highest taxes to pay for those services. And yes there is an Apartment complex just about finished that will be used for "section 8" housing (fact). Valid questions for a community that has lots of kids and is going to have an elementary school built soon. In response to Villebois Village Center, who's response seems very honest and sincere, yes there is a lot of misinformation out there. But a lot of it can be put right back in the lap of the people in charge. Villebois has, Costa Pacific, Arbor, Legend, HOA's, unaffiliated real estate people who work for all the above, not to mention the Town of Wilsonville. Getting straight/matching answers from any are very hard to come by. Some can't even hide the obvious " how do I get around this one" from there faces. Watch one of the televised town meetings if you can. It is hilarious. People from the community speak and the board stares at them like aliens from some sci-fi movie or drinks coffee and stares at the ceiling. When the person is done they either look at each other with no response or say "sorry we have no control over that" and move on. Many in the community are now concerned with rentals. Isn't there an HOA percentage of homes that can be rented? Can they all be on the same block? Valid questions for homeowners who have bought and invested in the community. Not that there is a law against it, but do we really want half our neighborhood to be nothing more than an "investment property" to a Real Estate Company? In closing, maybe there could be a better "line of communication" from the Builders/Town with the people they "SERVE". The same people who they asked to "Be part of the community". I think Villebois is a great idea in "Concept" only time will tell how it turns out. I say this because there is a ways to go before it will be complete. I hope this post has helped you whatever your personal situation and or view. I say this because it will effect a single person(s), married, or either with kids differently.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:15 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSE View Post
Just a few comments positive/negative from someone who actually lives in and likes Villebois. First, it is a beautifully planned/maintained community. At this point from my experience, almost all the people I have come in contact with who live here are very nice, respectful people. To comment on some of the previously discussed questions/statements. Yes, there is different planned "community"housing for the area. There is a 5-resident group home already. In response to EnricoV's comments, there is a great mix of people from different backgrounds/cultures in Villebois already and the people don't think it is an "enclave for the rich and perfect". And no one I have spoken to is "outraged" by mentally ill people. Being that said, since when is it a crime to be concerned about one's neighborhood? The Oregon Addictions and Mental Health Division (AMH) places people of many different problems in these "community" homes. What HAS concerned people is that the housing will be for Drug addicted, Gambling addicted and alcohol addicted patrons. I think this is a valid question for someone to ask who not only lives in Villebois, but pays some of the highest taxes to pay for those services. And yes there is an Apartment complex just about finished that will be used for "section 8" housing (fact). Valid questions for a community that has lots of kids and is going to have an elementary school built soon. In response to Villebois Village Center, who's response seems very honest and sincere, yes there is a lot of misinformation out there. But a lot of it can be put right back in the lap of the people in charge. Villebois has, Costa Pacific, Arbor, Legend, HOA's, unaffiliated real estate people who work for all the above, not to mention the Town of Wilsonville. Getting straight/matching answers from any are very hard to come by. Some can't even hide the obvious " how do I get around this one" from there faces. Watch one of the televised town meetings if you can. It is hilarious. People from the community speak and the board stares at them like aliens from some sci-fi movie or drinks coffee and stares at the ceiling. When the person is done they either look at each other with no response or say "sorry we have no control over that" and move on. Many in the community are now concerned with rentals. Isn't there an HOA percentage of homes that can be rented? Can they all be on the same block? Valid questions for homeowners who have bought and invested in the community. Not that there is a law against it, but do we really want half our neighborhood to be nothing more than an "investment property" to a Real Estate Company? In closing, maybe there could be a better "line of communication" from the Builders/Town with the people they "SERVE". The same people who they asked to "Be part of the community". I think Villebois is a great idea in "Concept" only time will tell how it turns out. I say this because there is a ways to go before it will be complete. I hope this post has helped you whatever your personal situation and or view. I say this because it will effect a single person(s), married, or either with kids differently.
You hit it right on the head!
Developer had to deal with the hoops of the former mayor. Just my 2 cents. And yes when you are living in a nice home and the house with the residents has them all standing outside smoking and joking, well, kinda hurts your value, just the facts folks.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:53 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,538,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docrondc View Post
Hello:

Anybody have any comments pro or con concerning Arbor Villebois in Wilsonville? Any first hand knowledge?

Thanks,
Ron
Keep in mind that the vast majority of suncontractors are unskilled illegals, every corner will be cut and maky subs are not paid, so they sue the home owner... in other words, have the hell inspected out of the place and retain an attorney to ensure you won;t get stuck by unpaid subs.

There is no disrespect intended towards any contractor, but this is just the way it is these days.

As to Arbor Homes, I've heard basically mediorcre things about them from frinds and professionals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland