Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 04:57 AM

39 posts, read 58,186 times

Advertisements

Hi Daisy,

We plan to visit the Grotto, zoo, Intn' Rose Test Garden, Japanese Garden, explore downtown and some points of interests. Mult' Falls area.

I'd like to do a river cruise. I'd love to show her Timberline Lodge but we'll see if time allows.

Of course I'd like to visit the coast but that will have to be on a separate trip.

I used to live in Gresham and PDX (Sandy/143 area). I have been around here n there a bit but really have never explored Pdx the way I wanted to. Hope to move back up one day.

In the meantime I'm stuck in my hell known as So. Cal. IMHO! lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 11:59 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,114,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atjl72 View Post
I'm really surprised no one mentioned The Benson. I heard it's haunted too! Does anyone have any opinions on The Benson?
I didn't because it was specified 'big/suite type rooms" and I've always heard about the small size of the rooms. It's nice, though. And the location is great.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:23 PM

600 posts, read 1,466,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atjl72 View Post
Hi Daisy,

We plan to visit the Grotto, zoo, Intn' Rose Test Garden, Japanese Garden, explore downtown and some points of interests. Mult' Falls area.

I'd like to do a river cruise. I'd love to show her Timberline Lodge but we'll see if time allows.

Of course I'd like to visit the coast but that will have to be on a separate trip.

I used to live in Gresham and PDX (Sandy/143 area). I have been around here n there a bit but really have never explored Pdx the way I wanted to. Hope to move back up one day.

In the meantime I'm stuck in my hell known as So. Cal. IMHO! lol.
Ok so you know your way around, that's good. Im in So Cal too!

Old 02-16-2011, 05:42 AM

Daisy, what city do you live in, if I may ask? I'm in Corona. Grew up in Hac' Heights, moved to Chino Hills, w/ parents in 1986...miss Chino Hills. Best place in the Inland Empire if you ask me!
I should've never moved back here from PDX. Just trying to convince my girlfriend to give the p.n.w. a chance...she has a teaching degree that is almost useless in Ca. Teachers being laid off and their hours being cut. I'm hoping Wa. has some teaching jobs to lure her there. Sad but Oregons' job market is bad.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:44 AM

Just want to say thank you again the the PDX forum and all the replies here.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:28 AM

600 posts, read 1,466,150 times
Pasadena. The only thing keeping me from moving back is the weather we have down here. But I imagine we will move back soon to be close to family

Old 02-16-2011, 04:10 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,410,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy32673 View Post
I did!

"If you want something nice, romantic, walkable area and view I would go with either the Benson hotel (which houses El Gaucho and the London Grill...YUM! Presidents stay here when they come to town) Riverplace hotel or The Nines. The Marriott on the river is old and isnt that great a hotel anymore, compared to the others listed. Hotel Lucia and the Vintage Plaza are a couple others that are nice too."

If you want to go top notch, then I would eat and stay here. There really isnt a view of the river or anything so that might be a factor. But if I was going to be proposed to and wanted the highest level of class/service and romance this is where I'd want to be proposed to!
El Guacho's food isn't that great either. There aren't any good high-end steak places in PDX anymore. The Portland Food Blog did a review of the four major steak places here in town, and their experiences were pretty much in line with mine. The review is here: Which of the chain steakhouses are best? | An Exploration of Portland Oregon Food and Drink *

I've heard that the Ringside has moved to a new location while the old one is being remodeled, and made a huge effort to step up the quality of food.

But the Laurelhurst Market seems to be the favorite for steak these days.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:46 AM

For my money, Bill's Steak House on Sandy rocks...best 9.99 new york steak dinner you can get!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland