U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 02:48 PM

640 posts, read 954,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyI'mHome View Post
Caribou coffee? hmmm..wonder what part of the animal does it come from?

Don't joke:

Expensive coffee from monkey digestive systems-Truth!
"The World's Most Expensive Coffee is From Beans Cycled Through an Indonesian Monkey's Digestive System-Truth!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 04:00 PM

13,633 posts, read 10,747,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroseinrain View Post
Don't joke:

Expensive coffee from monkey digestive systems-Truth!
"The World's Most Expensive Coffee is From Beans Cycled Through an Indonesian Monkey's Digestive System-Truth!"

Or from cats......

Kopi Luwak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-15-2011, 04:36 PM

612 posts, read 530,404 times
EWWWWW

Old 05-22-2011, 04:53 AM

13,042 posts, read 20,007,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffffffaaaaa1 View Post
So I've been here 2 weeks.

First, it rains a lot. Especially today, rained all day literally. We did not see the sun. Apparently in winter this goes on for weeks.
But, it's a light mist.

Which meant you never get wet. You just get refreshed

Old 11-14-2014, 03:26 PM

6 posts, read 10,527 times
This is a very good point! Weather is just weather, no matter where one lives. I have to admit that when I lived in Minneapolis, I was never a big fan of snow, although I also realized that I was well-acclimated for it, having grown up in that region. It wasn't really worth complaining about, you just adjusted your wardrobe and mindset accordingly. Like many, I could appreciate the natural beauty of a fresh snowfall, although after several inches of it, getting around sometimes became a bit of a chore. An avid bicyclist there for many years, I frequently "winterized" my mountain bike for the winter, and could travel year-round most of the time (which was a great way to stay in shape!).

When we packed the last few things in our moving truck for our departure from Minneapolis, it was early February, and my fingers barely escaped severe frostbite a number of times. When we were unpacking the truck in Portland, it started to rain, and one of our new neighbors apologized for the weather. The funny thing is, we didn't mind a bit - it was much more pleasant unpacking in a bit of rain, than it had been to pack in the Minnesota winter!

Generally, the only adjustment I need to make for winter in Portland is an appropriate jacket and a hat with a visor, to keep (most of) the rain off of my glasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpop View Post
In these few words, you hit on something really important. The weather is only one aspect of Portland. It's not what Portland is all about, even though you might think so based on how much some people seem to obsess over it.

Old 11-14-2014, 05:35 PM

177 posts, read 70,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
If your idea of a nice city is defined by big highways, Walmart, Starbucks, and basically strip malls etc, you are never going to be happy in Portland. There are many cities like that in the US. Portland isn't one of them.
Portland literally has ALL of those things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland