Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 04:50 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,482,376 times

Advertisements

BTW:
It don't make any difference if the L.O. trolley is built or not, the Employer paid TriMet state income tax on employees will still be collected; TriMet now has a proven record that they are trying to offer L.O. TriMet service, L.O. not wanting it cut no ice with paying the State of Oregon the TriMet payroll tax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 02:04 AM

127 posts, read 306,611 times
Lake-O is shutting down elementary schools suffering major cuts due to low turnover and not enough new blood (young families). It is widely presumed Lake-O is expensive but not always the case. Some common ramblers for sale have dropped to above $100/sq ft. You might even find decent rent in L.O. and get affectionately tailgated by BMW's & Benzo's.

Riverdale School is THE top 'public-private' elementary, hard to get a spot because it's a public school that takes applications from families outside the school district. The 'best' schools are mostly private like French-American, St Mary's, Oregon Episcopal, etc. But compared to SoCal, most of Portland+suburbs schools are good-to-go just due to sheer popularity of teachers wanting to work here.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:36 PM

10,988 posts, read 20,558,027 times
+1

Old 05-11-2011, 12:09 PM

600 posts, read 1,468,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOK323 View Post
I guess that should be my question....where is the best spot to live in LO if you are planning to go to OHSU and is that different than where you would want to live if you were going to sunnyside hospital. Is it better to be near the 43 or the 5. We had a realtor drive us around when we went to visit recently and I got the impression that he recommended the north part of LO near the 5 which I think was West Park or something like that. Maybe I misunderstood but it seemed that he recomended using the 5 whether I was going to OHSU or to the Sunnyside clinic when it seemed to me on the map that I would want to take the 43 down to the 205 to go o sunnyside or maybe go up and over the sellwood bridge. Im not really sure. Are there areas of LO that are better than another....well I don't mean better really, I mean are there personalities and characteristics individual to different areas in LO.
If this were my commute, I would live closer to I-5 in Westlake, Mountain Park, Lake Grove or Forest Hills/Country Club area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland