U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-16-2011, 10:26 PM

4 posts, read 24,925 times
Default Portland to SeaTac : shuttle services?

Hi, my son and I need to get to Seattle airport (from Portland). He is 4 and we have several suitcases plus his stroller so we need "simple and convenient" travel (followed by an 12 hour flight!)

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to get to Seattle from Portland? Are there any reasonable, recommended "door to door" shuttle services?

Thank you for your insight,

Emma
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 10:59 PM
Status: "Still holding on to flip flop weather!" (set 21 hours ago)

4,133 posts, read 7,959,547 times
Alaska Airlines shows fares for the two of you for about $260 round trip, which is probably the best you are going to do.

Amtrak will work, but it's a pain - Portland to Tacoma and a shuttle or Portland to Seattle and the light rail back over to the airport. Cheaper, but a larger time hassle, especially with a 4-yr-old and suitcases.

I do see a shuttle service that advertises that service, but it is $550 roundtrip
http://shuttleexpress.hudsonltd.net/res

Old 05-16-2011, 11:22 PM

674 posts, read 1,136,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
Amtrak will work, but it's a pain - Portland to Tacoma and a shuttle or Portland to Seattle and the light rail back over to the airport. Cheaper, but a larger time hassle, especially with a 4-yr-old and suitcases.
The other problem with Amtrak is that they don't always offer checked luggage, so you can take multiple bags, but you have to be able to carry them all yourself on and off the train. This will be very difficult with a 4 year old in tow.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:31 PM

4 posts, read 24,925 times
Thank you for your feedback. We only need a one way since we are visitors in the area and will not be returning any time soon. It seems that a one way rental car will be cheaper... If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it, if not I'll go for a rental car.

Thank you again,

Old 05-17-2011, 08:07 AM

3,132 posts, read 2,949,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma68 View Post
Thank you for your feedback. We only need a one way since we are visitors in the area and will not be returning any time soon. It seems that a one way rental car will be cheaper... If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it, if not I'll go for a rental car.

Thank you again,
Go with the rental car.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:13 AM

6,736 posts, read 7,389,242 times
Absolutely go with the rental car. Be sure to allow plenty of time for the drive. Your little one will need a couple potty breaks and the traffic through Tacoma can be slow. Personally I would still explore a one way flight to SEATAC where you can check your luggage through to your destination. You might not save much time, in total, but with a young child I think it would be a better experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland