Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 03:37 PM

600 posts, read 1,468,389 times

Advertisements

it's part of my nature to be very careful and to plan things and even worry about them happening. I am trying to take every precaution because I do not want to mess up.

Hate to break it to you but this will prevent any relationship you have from happening. You cant plan your relationship with anyone, certainly NOT a guy in his 20's or 30's. Sorry, but when I was dating guys that young they wanted to drink, party, have sex, hang out with their guys friends, watch football, etc. etc. Men dont want to have their relationships "planned" out for them by the girl they are dating. That's one surefire way to get them running scared. I think a lot of women are this way too and just want to have fun being young.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 05:33 PM

based upon responses to other posts (including your response to me) I get why you're single. yikes!

Old 05-20-2011, 06:31 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,905,875 times
That is really funny and I needed to laugh today. Thanks!

QUOTE=Daisy32673;19241989]based upon responses to other posts (including your response to me) I get why you're single. yikes![/quote]

Old 05-20-2011, 06:54 PM

31 posts, read 76,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
That is really funny and I needed to laugh today. Thanks!

QUOTE=Daisy32673;19241989]based upon responses to other posts (including your response to me) I get why you're single. yikes!
Standard expected response from someone who feels insulted by me putting her on my ignore list; this has no bearing at all on the reasons I am still single.

Because you helped her out by making her quote visible to me after I put her on ignore, you too are going on my ignore list. Goodbye. Life is too short for your drama.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:47 PM

Ok. You should have not written anything but gone ahead and really ignored me. This is fun, though. The last few days have been quite interesting for posts! Good luck to you!
QUOTE=ShouldIMoveAway;19242775]Standard expected response from someone who feels insulted by me putting her on my ignore list; this has no bearing at all on the reasons I am still single.

Because you helped her out by making her quote visible to me after I put her on ignore, you too are going on my ignore list. Goodbye. Life is too short for your drama.[/quote]

Old 05-20-2011, 09:14 PM

Yup! I have thought these posts seemed a little fishy...

Old 05-21-2011, 09:01 AM

506 posts, read 1,313,069 times
Young men in their twenties who fit your strict criteria are going to be few and far between anywhere. Moving elsewhere isn't going to help much. I've been to Atlanta. I've been to Alabama. Young people aren't all that different anywhere you go.

If you really insist on being so exacting, you may need to find Jesus (or at least fake it) and meet a guy in church.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:22 PM

1,369 posts, read 3,309,429 times
Here is your problem: you sound boring. You don't sound like a "fun" person to hang around and are spending too much time focusing on what you "don't want" rather than what you bring to the table.

I know when I was single I would look for fun people to do fun activities with. Someone to have a good time with, while getting to know them. This doesn't have to involve drugs, binge drinking, etc. But it has to involve something...not just checking off qualities in men you don't like.

None of these problems are Portland specific, at all.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drshang View Post
Here is your problem: you sound boring. You don't sound like a "fun" person to hang around and are spending too much time focusing on what you "don't want" rather than what you bring to the table.

I know when I was single I would look for fun people to do fun activities with. Someone to have a good time with, while getting to know them. This doesn't have to involve drugs, binge drinking, etc. But it has to involve something...not just checking off qualities in men you don't like.

None of these problems are Portland specific, at all.
You're right, they're not Portland specific. They are specific to her. I dont think she is boring though, I think she's off her rocker

Old 05-21-2011, 07:19 PM

I think she is a troll. Too weird of a post and someone else said she only has a few posts including her dating conundrum. I am sort of amused...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland