Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 10:37 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,265,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmadsm View Post
Its nice to see that not everyone despises guns in Portland!!

Oh-h-h-h. . . I'd think you'd be a little surprised at how many supporters there really are . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 10:40 AM

55 posts, read 153,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack66 View Post
hey roatan man, i have lived in utila and ceiba--now in portland and looking for a good gun store too
Right on, we close on our home in Forrest Heights next month. I spend two months a year in Roatan, we have a house there. I am really looking forward to moving here, I have been talking about it for months and we finally pulled the trigger. I take it you are a diver?

Old 05-30-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Oregon is a shall-issue state. You would apply for a CCW permit at the sheriff's office in your county of residence (wherever you have an address). As long as you fulfill the very modest training requirement and don't fall into an exclusion category (such as a felony conviction), your permit will be approved.

Counties develop their own application forms, but the content is roughly the same from county to county.
My county of residence will be Mult. County. Is one easier than others?

Old 05-30-2011, 02:51 PM

63 posts, read 80,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
but some of us do...
heheh +1

Old 05-30-2011, 08:27 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,568,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmadsm View Post
Its nice to see that not everyone despises guns in Portland!!
I'm not naive about them going anywhere anytime soon, but I do believe there's some major loopholes to ownership that should be closed. Obviously they're no help to society in the wrong hands.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
I'm not naive about them going anywhere anytime soon, but I do believe there's some major loopholes to ownership that should be closed. Obviously they're no help to society in the wrong hands.
I agree, that's why good people need them so that they land in the right hands... Remember, guns don't kill, people do...

Old 05-31-2011, 04:44 PM

5,762 posts, read 11,614,263 times
Quote:
My county of residence will be Mult. County. Is one easier than others?
No; the only difference might be the time it takes to process the paperwork. Smaller counties handle fewer requests, while Multnomah has a lot, and might take a few weeks to send you your card.

Note that the renewal period is three years, and if you change your county of residence, you're supposed to update the CCW information within a couple months - which will probably involve paying another application fee.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:17 PM

191 posts, read 509,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoatanMan View Post
Where is the best place, nearest downtown, to purchase firearms and accessories...?
Walk around downtown until you find a man with a Russian accent; he will sell you guns.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:27 PM

17 posts, read 46,035 times
I personally like Northwest Armory and I believe they have concealed carry classes there as well.

Just a warning, they have tons of mounted heads of long deceased critters adorning their wall and even a stuffed buffalo in the entrance way!

People at the Gun Broker in Tigard were pretty friendly as well and had a decent selection.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:44 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,898,850 times
I have to observe that the o.p. didn't really get much bang for his provocative topic of the day post. No doubt when the expected bench clearing flame war failed to ensue the feeling of let down overwhelmed us all. Nutz to that! Let's turn up the volume or let the thread die away, but I for one am bored silly with the anemic progress to date. So here are my suggestions for some sure fire heart rate spiking topics to get local blood boiling. Here goes...

1. I'm Moving to Portland Next _________, How Can I Opt Out of the Recycling Program?

2. I'm Moving to Portland Next _________, but I don't have a job, can I have yours?

3. I'm Moving to Portland This __________, Anyone Know How I Can Contact Tonya?

4. I ________ Kicker Checks!

5. WTF Is A Kicker Check??!!

6. WTF Is Tonya Harding??!!

7. Portland Street Kids, Yum

8. Prius or Outback, Outback or Prius... hmmm, I think I'll buy a Silverado!

I could keep going, Portlanders are so thin skinned its like shooting sacred cows in a barrel. Nothing to it. Next time you want to raise hackles try one of these sure fire converstation starters. Guns are so 80's.

H
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland