U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 01:34 PM

218 posts, read 184,237 times
Oh okay see I read this "I'd go to the beach Tuesday and take in Saturday Market on Sunday." so I thought you were trying to say go to the Saturday Farmers market on sunday haha. Is this one in Portland then? Is this one better than the beaverton one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 01:39 PM

2,624 posts, read 2,626,810 times
I can see why you are confused. What I meant was - Go the the Beaverton Farmer's Market on Saturday and go to what is called Saturday Market, the craft market, on Sunday. So basically fruits and vegetables on Saturday and local crafts on Sunday. Does that make sense?
The Saturday Market (crafts) is downtown (Old Town) and the farmer's (produce) market is in Beaverton.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:42 PM

Gotcha that made perfect sense for me now haha Thank you. Is the link that you attached is that for the Crafts Market on sunday downtown then? Is there a link for the beaverton market so I can write down the location ( So we don't get lost)

Old 08-30-2011, 01:50 PM

Here's the link.
Beaverton Farmers Market

The one I sent called "Portland Saturday Market" is for the craft market on Sunday. This market started on Saturday and became so popular they decided to have on both Sat. and Sun.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:53 PM

Don't laugh at me but I am getting butterflies and sweaty palms just reading about these exciting events. I know that relocating to Portland is the best thing for my family and my career ( have a job lined up) but you are showing me that there is LIFE outside of Phoenix and my 7 year old is going to remember this for the rest of her life. THANK YOU

Old 08-30-2011, 02:30 PM

6,415 posts, read 5,412,941 times
If you do choose to go to the coast on Sunday, you shouldn't find bad traffic, other than at the beach on Hwy 101. And even that isn't that bad. If you do visit Fort Stevens, you might be interested in the Civil War reenactment (http://www.nwcwc.org/fortstevens.html - broken link) that takes place there over Labor Day weekend.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:35 PM

Wow you guys are extremely helpful my daughter is just the right age to watch that and enjoy it to the fullest. I think we should go on Sunday up to seaside then fort Stevens and then Astoria. THANK YOU ALL

Old 08-30-2011, 03:28 PM

Okay how does this sound

Arrive in Oregon at 9:40 am Thursday Sept 1st
First stop Multhomah Falls ( 30 miles east of airport)
Check in to hotel after 4 pm in Clackamas
Visit downtown Art walk in Portland

Friday Sept 2nd
Salem
Dallas
Keizer
Salem State Fair

Saterday Sept 3rd
Beaverton Farmers market
Orenco
Hillsboro

Sunday Sept 4th
If up early enough Sunday Market in downtown Portland

Seaside beach
Fort Stevens for Reenactment of Civil War
Astoria

Monday Sept 5th
Sellwood
Eastmoreland
(East side of Portland)
Milwaukie

Tuesday Sept 6th
Powell’s Book store
Downtown gardens
Pioneer Square

Wendeday Sept 7th
Explore favorite city thus far for possible living

Thursday Fly home
If there are any Labor day activities in Portland please feel free to clue me in as well.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:05 PM

Since Saturday Market doesn't open until 11 am on Sunday I don't think you'll be able to see that AND go to the beach. If it were me, I would switch Tuesday and Sunday activities and add Saturday Market to the Sunday itinerary (Powell’s Book store, Downtown gardens, Pioneer Square).
That way all your Sunday activities would be clustered in the downtown area and Tuesday at the beach would be much quieter and tourist free than on Sunday.
Just my 2 cents.
Also, although the gardens (Japanese? Rose?)are lovely, I think a seven year old would get quite bored after the first 15 minutes.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:15 PM

6,477 posts, read 5,997,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Since Saturday Market doesn't open until 11 am on Sunday I don't think you'll be able to see that AND go to the beach. If it were me, I would switch Tuesday and Sunday activities and add Saturday Market to the Sunday itinerary (Powell’s Book store, Downtown gardens, Pioneer Square).
That way all your Sunday activities would be clustered in the downtown area and Tuesday at the beach would be much quieter and tourist free than on Sunday.
Just my 2 cents.
Also, although the gardens (Japanese? Rose?)are lovely, I think a seven year old would get quite bored after the first 15 minutes.
This is what I'd do. I'd also possibly add the Chinese Gardens to the itinerary on Sunday. They're fairly low traffic for being in the city, and on a quiet Sunday morning are a great visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland