U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 12:48 AM

486 posts, read 681,042 times
Arrow to be deleted

to be deleted

Last edited by ca_north; 09-05-2011 at 01:34 AM.. Reason: delete this - deemed unanswerable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 03:22 AM

486 posts, read 681,042 times
Note to moderator: Feel free to delete this post entirely. It was a question that may have been taken as coarse by some female readers, and I didn't want to give the wrong impression.

But, if it won't get deleted, I wanted to know if Portland has a good number of physically attractive introverts vs. the typical shallow party girls of that...caliber (in my CA experience). I was thinking a calmer type of woman might be drawn up north by the rain, or made so because of it.

If true, that's a big draw for this potential resident. I'd also heard stories to that effect years ago from some visiting Eugene students but it would be unfair to pigeonhole the traits of an entire female population. Just looking for some opinions. Enough said!

Last edited by ca_north; 09-07-2011 at 04:21 AM..

Old 09-08-2011, 04:11 AM

11,721 posts, read 17,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca_north View Post
But, if it won't get deleted, I wanted to know if Portland has a good number of physically attractive introverts vs. the typical shallow party girls of that...caliber (in my CA experience). I was thinking a calmer type of woman might be drawn up north by the rain, or made so because of it.
It's been awhile since I lived in Portland...

But Portland girls are kind of like San Francisco girls....

They aren't shallow party types....but at the same time, being 'physically attractive' isn't one of their main interests either.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:37 PM

758 posts, read 1,272,008 times
Portland and the Bay Area are pretty similar in that regard. You'd have to visit Lake Oswego to hear valspeak, and even then, you'd have to listen carefully.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:45 PM

159 posts, read 149,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendBeav3 View Post
Chicks in Oregon are just not that hot, in general.
My wife, who is a native Oregonian, many years ago was in the Miss Oregon pageant and is as hot as they come. And that's the opinion of someone who grew up in a place where chicks are really hot - Chicago.

Oh yeah, my sons-in-law think my two daughters are hot, too.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:46 PM

13,185 posts, read 9,218,159 times
"Hot" is in the eye of the beholder. What do you consider hot?

Old 09-11-2011, 12:11 AM

557 posts, read 364,519 times
Its just like any other city. Hang out down town near psu and you will find you are looking for. Hot, there are some but most hot girls tend to be conservative.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:04 PM

46 posts, read 29,076 times
The winter hibernation weight really detracts from their hotness, along with their lack of style and overall manners... I have found a few diamonds in the rough but the culture does not enforce "hotness" more "hotmess"...

Old 09-12-2011, 04:20 PM

5,323 posts, read 4,052,864 times
There is something a little sad about the need for some guys to have "hot" women that don't have any clue that they are "hot" and will date them because they are so completely ignorant of the fact that they can, in fact, do much, much better guywise. It's going to be a loooong search because out there in the real world hot girls know it and they want hot guys in return. Barbie and Ken, if you will. So instead of hoping otherwise, get crunchin' and throw a few pushups into the calisthenics program while you are at it. You may not turn into Val Kilmer but you will feel less of a need to continually put down women, be they from Portland or anywhere else, over their physical appearance. Have you noticed that really attractive people have only good things to say about other people? Either that or nothing at all?

H

Old 09-12-2011, 04:31 PM

13,185 posts, read 9,218,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
There is something a little sad about the need for some guys to have "hot" women that don't have any clue that they are "hot" and will date them because they are so completely ignorant of the fact that they can, in fact, do much, much better guywise. It's going to be a loooong search because out there in the real world hot girls know it and they want hot guys in return. Barbie and Ken, if you will. So instead of hoping otherwise, get crunchin' and throw a few pushups into the calisthenics program while you are at it. You may not turn into Val Kilmer but you will feel less of a need to continually put down women, be they from Portland or anywhere else, over their physical appearance. Have you noticed that really attractive people have only good things to say about other people? Either that or nothing at all?

H
Speaking as one who has been an "unhot" woman all my life, I give you one thousand reps. And for you entire post, not just the wise bolded parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland