Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 11:07 AM

544 posts, read 1,471,709 times

Advertisements

Crazylegs, I am in Manatee County FL and I cannot blame you get the hell out while you can!! Only a few select good cities in FL otherwise, the states a swamphole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 05:58 AM

1 posts, read 797 times
Default Jacksonville Florida is very narrow minded

We moved here thru relocation for my husband's job, and as soon as he can transfer we're
going to do so. This has been a nightmare, I am considered to be friendly, open minded
and artsy, and this city has been not so friendly at least not to us.

People seem to have hostility issues here for no apparent reason that I can see, and also
if they know you're not from here they will take as much money from you as possible,
I would be very hesitant to relocate here unless...you already have family and or friend's
here. I finally after 1 year found a dentist, and the doctor's are ok, but Not like they
advertise. They also lie to you, and then they turn things around on you.

It is beautiful though, but other than that it has been quite an education, and I just don't
speak much to people, unless they are friendly to me. Hopefully we'll be leaving soon. We live
supposedly in a gated community, but they never close the gate and we were almost assaulted
by some idiot who lives in this community, or does he? One never knows, you need to watch
your back at all times, and I never used to carry mace but do so now, I feel like I'm living in
NY or NJ. We're out of here as soon as we can do so.

Thank you Jacksonville for being a nice city, and making me feel at home, because You haven't
and obviously from the other reports we've read others feel the same way. So we'll leave you
and never coming back here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland