Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 03:17 PM

37 posts, read 190,544 times

Advertisements

Nancy,

Here is one of the income restricted complexes:

Station Place Tower (broken link)

It has the income qualifications listed on the page.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 03:20 PM

8,799 posts, read 21,192,176 times
Ocho ~~~~ Like you mentioned previously, most of the 55+ communities that I've found aren't conveniently located to the MAX.

Thanks for the link to that site. I have never seen it before and I have searched quite extensively. Some of the homes look very very pretty.
Have you ever heard of Claremont? Those are homes in the NW of Portland itself and they have their own golf course, but are also NOT near the MAX.

Old 09-23-2007, 03:26 PM

It has the income qualifications listed on the page.

Unfortunately, unless I spontaneously give birth to quintuplets I am out of luck for that one.lol.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:23 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,968,134 times
[ Those are homes in the NW of Portland itself and they have their own golf course, but are also NOT near the MAX.[/quote]

A GREAT link to Portland Neighborhoods:

Guide to Portland Neighborhoods in Oregon

Nob Hill is among these.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:30 PM

Ditto on the spontaneous quintuplets, Nancy!

Claremont looks really nice, but we are wanting to get out of the housing market. We've had enough of maintaining a yard and home repairs and paying someone to do either is getting cost prohibitive. We may change our minds, but living in a really nice rental where someone else is responsible for the leaky pipes is very appealing.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:56 PM

I don't think that you have to maintain a yard in Claremont. I think that they do that for you. It is a more expensive (well over $450k) , though than I had wanted, but the homes are beautiful with waterfalls and beautiful yards . I don't think that I can afford them, though. I am all by myself (just Gracie the cat and me.....).

Old 10-05-2007, 03:43 PM

Lilletta,

Thanks so much for that link! That has so much helpful info!

Old 10-05-2007, 04:06 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,968,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OchocoWesterner View Post
Lilletta,

Thanks so much for that link! That has so much helpful info!

My pleasure.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:18 PM

6 posts, read 28,212 times
Default Perfect condo for retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
We would like to find an apartment/condo complex for adults, that isn't a "retirement ". While we love children, we are ready to try something a little different....and quieter, with less toys, etc We are ready to divest ourselves of home ownership and the property taxes that come along with that here in Oregon. Is there anything like that in the Portland metro area? All I seem to be able to find are 55+ communities with some degree of care, or condo properties to buy.

That is what I am looking for too, ocho. Please let me know if you find something out. THere are a few over 55 placs, but they are not really inside Portland. Some are pretty far away and would not be on the MAX lines. Some seem to be rather expensive (over $600k). So, please let me know what you find out. Thanks
Because our family is growing, we had to move out of the most perfect condo in Portland/Garden Home Area. I know condos are blech right now, but this one was truly special to our family and we hate to let it go. It is a small community (20 units, 90% owner occupied with predominately older couples) that is not specifically 55+, but has tended to gravitate that way. Everyone who lives there has been there for a long time (an original owner just passed on) and is very nice. The condo is older, so more solid construction (we never heard our neighbors or street traffic) and here is the best part - it is extremely close to the freeways, public transporation and it overlooks a golf course. Other owners say that it is like living in a tree house. It has tons of storage and a newly updated kitchen. 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths. And all for under $200,000. Yes, it is just a great deal that certain people can recognize, but which first time buyers over-look because it is not "new" construction. Because no one knows it is there, it is a hidden gem. You must get inside to believe.

If ours is still not for sale, then watch for these to come on the market (about 1 every year and a half or so). 3 of the last 4 sold went to "downsizers".

The community is Fairview Place and the address is listed as Tigard, but that is the nature of the Garden Home area - every address is a different "city".

Old 09-06-2008, 07:22 PM

6 posts, read 28,212 times
PS - It is not near Max. I read some of the other posts - I know the management company for Station Place Tower, and if you can get in there, you can't go too wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland