Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 04:16 AM

6 posts, read 15,520 times

Advertisements

So I poured my heart and soul into the previous statements and I know individuals really tried to help and I want hem to know I appreciate all they have to say. Yet I am still sitting here days later not knowing how to fix this problem!!! I guess I will start over by saying that not being there for Nesh is one of the worst things I can think of!!!!!! You see I was 15 once begging for help, hoping and praying that someone would come along and care enough to make a difference. Now I have the chance to open a doorway for a girl whom I love so very much yet things I can not control are standing in the way. I want so much for those things to go away!!!!! have honestly tried to get answers yet no one seems to be able to give me what I am looking for. I am tired of not knowing yet so scared to jump and go get her. I am scared that I will loose my job, my son, my love, my life. Something still keeps tellling me I must be there for Nesh. I wish any one that could take this case on would see all of my posts and help!!!! Please for the sake of a deserving girl let someone that holds the answers respond????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 09:10 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
What you ask for is beyond what solutions free advice can give. It's difficult for government agencies to take away children from biological family without good evidence of physical or sexual abuse, for private citizens it's near impossible (without government agencies taking kids away first). If it does happen, it cannot happen over night...courts can't move that fast and social workers already have massive case loads. You need to consult a lawyer and find what options are available, if any, and get to work.

Posters on this board are no substitute for legal counsel..this is a a forum about moving to the Portland area, not really for legal advice.

I don't like things being slow either, but it's the system that must be worked through to get things done. It's there to protect the rights of the accused in the process. My wife had a mentally ill stalker, and restraining order took a good while to get (temp and perm) including the hiring of legal help. He was being arrested every few days for standing next to her car and outside of our apartment in the mean time.

Old 12-26-2008, 04:27 AM

[quote]
I definatly feel your pain. I hope after I ask you a few questions you do not feel any differently. I am surethat your situation with your daughter is very different!!! However I have tried for months to get an answer from any one that has not bee negatively affected by the runaway laws unfortunatly to no avail. I am asking you now for the answers that you probably do not even want to speak about let alone give to someone. All I can say is first please read my entries on my precious step daughter Nesh. Then I will ask you to give me the answers to make sure to get her here with me and keep her here. I know she will be a 15 yr. old runaway, which may hit too close to home. I assure you it is a much different story, which will hopefully make you see the reason why these supposable laws are in place. For a child that is really being mistreated's protection. I love my step daughter and Really feel as if she was my own. Her life is really horrible, not the most horrible life. However I do want you to understand we are not talking about a teenager that just does not want to abide by any rules. I promise you it is a much bigger picture. I know we are on different sides of the fence but I really do think we can help each other. I will be more then willing to answer any quesstions as far as how to get your daughter back home. In turn I hope you will be able to give me all the inside answers pertaining to how to get my step daughter here and most definatly keep her here. I am really looking forward to hearing from you!!! Please get back to me at your earliest conveniance!!!! Thank you for any thing you can do!!!! If I could just let her know hope was around the corner she would be able to rest!!!

Old 12-26-2008, 08:24 PM

66 posts, read 354,064 times
Default Child Advocate

A child advocate is probably your best bet. You will have to hire a lawyer, they will help you work with an advocate who will unbiasedly interview your step-daughter. This will cost you upwards of a couple thousand dollars. The findings will then be brought before a judge who will decide on the matter. Another option is that she could always emancipate herself, but that is something you will have to research and considerably weigh.

Old 12-26-2008, 08:30 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
I wish any one that could take this case on would see all of my posts and help!!!! Please for the sake of a deserving girl let someone that holds the answers respond????
If you haven't gotten the answers you seek from the people here, you should surmise it's because they do not have the answers. Your situation is a complicated one. No one is withholding answers; they simply do not have them. If you are asking for someone to give you legal advice, that would not be possible without interviewing you and the other people involved.
If you are asking someone to find legal advice for you, that is asking way too much. You have to seek out legal advice on your own. Do not ask others to do this for you. You have reached the point where only YOU can petition the courts for what you want which I assume is custody. You cannot just take the girl because her biological parents have that right at this time.
Don't expect to go to a website to find answers. There is no one here who can "take your case." You are simply asking too much. In a nutshell, If you want to see this through, contact a professional who is legally qualified to take your case.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:42 PM

Nesh,
If you are out there and are able to go to this sight you need to call us and we will figure this all out. We want you!!!!! Please contact us!!!!

Old 03-19-2009, 08:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,692 times
If you know a 16 y.o runaway and wants to leave oregon to washington could that person get charged with kidnapping even though knowing the home situation?

Old 03-20-2009, 08:52 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondering_mind541 View Post
If you know a 16 y.o runaway and wants to leave oregon to washington could that person get charged with kidnapping even though knowing the home situation?
Yes...if the child is not family, the biological family has nothing against them that would bring reasonable doubt (say prior convictions of abuse), and they pressed charges.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 641 times
Im dealing with this exact same thing in Eugene Oregon. nobody will help me. She's running the streets with a 21 year old and doing drugs she ran to portland and nobody ,friends or family,has seen or heard from her in a month. Im a ball of stress and worry with many sleepless nights full of sobbing and searching....

Old 11-09-2015, 03:01 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,567,401 times
Families of the mentally ill have the same problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland