Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 07:28 AM

5,449 posts, read 8,164,155 times

Advertisements

"GRIMM stars Russell Hornsby, Silas Weir Mitchell and Bitsie Tulloch will join Oregon Governor John Kitzhaber on May 29 to kick off production and celebrate another season of shooting in the northwest."

The whole story here: Breaking News - Production for Season Two of "Grimm" Commences on May 30 | TheFutonCritic.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 08:48 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,351,915 times
Although I'm not a fan, I thought that you folks who enjoy the program would like to read this story about the actors in Grimm who live here in Portland, specifically in the Pearl District.

Oregon Live | Special Sections | Explore the Pearl | Grimms Shopping Tales Page 1

Old 12-09-2012, 01:25 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,135,301 times
Nice story ... thanks for the link.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:14 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,351,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Nice story ... thanks for the link.
Just by coincidence, I was just at a brunch which the writer, Janet Filips, also attended. I knew her by face as we had both worked at the Oregonian for years, but had never met. So I introduced myself and told her I was busy spreading her story on some public forums. She was delighted and said she hoped getting the story out might get her a job offer. Former newspaper reporters are having a tough time finding work these days.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:12 PM

638 posts, read 1,177,966 times
Thanks, Sayulita and Janet Filips

Old 12-11-2012, 11:12 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,093,204 times
Grimm's a good show. Grimm's Portland seems a little more diverse than the Portland I remember.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:36 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,401,499 times
Interesting article – thanks!

Quote:
Grimm's a good show. Grimm's Portland seems a little more diverse than the Portland I remember.
I don't know how long you've been away, but Portland definitely has gotten more diverse over the years. Although there are more wesen on the show than I see in real life. :-)

The show has gotten better since it started. It's more intense this season. As with most fantasies, you can't think about it too hard without running into logical inconsistencies, but it has a good blend of action, horror, humor, romance, and drama.

I didn't know it when I first posted to this thread, but Nick's trailer scenes are shot behind the office building where I work. I watched them shoot a scene form the season 2 opener, where Nick takes his mother to the trailer. I even signed up to be an extra. I've been called three times. The first time, they ended up choosing someone else. The second and third times, I couldn't take time off from work. If they potentially want you for an all-day Wednesday shoot, they typically call you on Monday afternoon, and then let you know on Tuesday afternoon whether they chose you or someone else, so you don't get much time to plan. I think it would be fun to be an extra one time, just to say I did it.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:35 PM

5,449 posts, read 8,164,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonuMan View Post
.....Although there are more wesen on the show than I see in real life. :-)
I can't wait until it's revealed that the mayor is a Wesen....and maybe a couple of the commissioners.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:51 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,135,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Well, in reality, Portland has a lot less murders ... not to mention Wesen.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:46 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,401,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Well, in reality, Portland has a lot less murders ... not to mention Wesen.
The show makes it seem that all murders in Portland are committed by wesen. For a twist, they need to have an episode in which Nick investigates a homicide, and it turns out to have been committed by an ordinary human murderer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland