Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2007, 12:20 PM

2 posts, read 16,974 times

Advertisements

Hey there Portland,
I'm looking for a few good leads to rent a room for a few months in the Portland Area.
I've been recently been undergoing herbal therapy for a chronic liver condition. My skin is a mess! I need to do some Hot Spring detoxing. All is well with me, except I need intense mineral water and sauna therapy.
If someone would be so kind as to direct me. I used to live in Canby, OR. But that was so long ago I forgot the name of the local newspapers.
Thanks,
mtnbrat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 05:30 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,653,209 times
Look up Bagby Hotsprings. Haven't been there in years. Be warned its popular with younger folks and the clothing optional crowd.

Squidlo

Old 09-25-2007, 12:44 AM

2 posts, read 16,974 times
Default Thanks Squidlo, but nudity is the least of my problems

The main thing is I'm fighting a chronic liver disorder. And I'm giving it a run for it's money! The herbal treatments are reeking havock on my skin. Got to accelerate the detoxfication process. I'm serious about getting my health back, I spare no expense on the (legal) herbs needed for the cure. That's why I desire to take residence near as possible to the springs.
Until they can come up with a cure, my destiny is in my own hands. If I survived the kidnap that caused me to suffer this disease...I'm sure a little nudity won't scare me from my quest. Besides at my age (51 and proud of it)
I've got nothing to hide. { Still needing to rent a room for the time that I'm there.}
By the way if you've never been to Bagby in the winter ...you don't know what an awesome experience you're missing!
Snow caverns snow drifts echo such awesome beauty as you make your way up the trail at night if you will , only to leave just before dawn, only to find one's car caught in a snow drift!
By the way if you're interested I'll be serving expressos in the parking lot 6am each morning I'm up there; see you on the mountain!
Hugs not Drugs, mtnbrat

Old 09-25-2007, 04:29 AM

1,257 posts, read 2,653,209 times
I vaguely remember Bagby. but I do remember the smell of marijuana and lots of giggling. Friends of mine have frequented the place much more recently and echoed what I remember about the place. I think there is another undeveloped hotspring in Washington not too far from Portland. Possibly someone can shed light on that. I was just a child when I was there. (Parents went through a hippie phase) A gathering with lots of people on blankets. Possibly a christian fest of some sort. Thats all I remember about the place.

Squidlo

Old 10-02-2007, 01:35 PM

700 posts, read 2,596,015 times
I have been away for 2 weeks, but I wanted to chime in if I can help...
This pertains to the Portland area, more specific No. Bonneville, WA...(just over the bridge down 84 a bit)...True story.

I was hired by the gentleman that built and owned Bonneville Hot Springs Resort... My comments have nothing to do with the services at the hotel or anytype of advertising to stay there. This is about the actual hot spring. I believe its called the "Moffet Hot Springs"..anyways...
He (the owner) had servere arthritis as a teenager "crippling" as he put it, and would soak it the springs everyday....well he now has built by hand his dream...a resort to share his hot springs...I would find most people to be full of crap if they told me this, but he was a very honest man...he built it over a decade on weekends from his job...Perhaps you could research that spring....

Im sure there are other options in the area, just one that I know about first hand...
Good Luck

Old 10-02-2007, 07:05 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,984,317 times
If that isn't encouraging, I don't know what is.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:09 PM

1 posts, read 5,443 times
Moffet Hot Springs was closed down a long time ago.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:29 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,364,009 times
Ummm WARM SPRINGS on the rez has a hot springs

Warm Springs - Relaxation & Fun (http://www.warmsprings.com/Warmsprings/Recreation__Tourism/Relaxation__Fun/ - broken link)

Oregon is chock full of hot springs

Best Hot Springs in Oregon | Best Hot Springs Oregon

Oregon Hot Springs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland