U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-27-2006, 12:23 PM

1 posts, read 8,954 times
Question SUNNIEST/WARMEST areas of/around PORTLAND?

hi wondering where those sun pockets are closest to portland and also closest to mt. hood... my mom and her guy are looking to move closer to portland as his boys are there and he misses them...its quite a trek going over the mountain from bend to visit with them for all. soooooo...help me please research the sunshine factor for my mama as she really enjoys life in bend (central oregon for those of you not familiar with that area... ) and will miss the wonderful sunny days there should they move to the valley.

is eugene area sunnier/warmer than portland area?
any feedback is much appreciated. i'm not living there so i don't know...i'm in minnesota.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2006, 07:45 AM

10,010 posts, read 11,918,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomeghandmama View Post
hi wondering where those sun pockets are closest to portland and also closest to mt. hood... my mom and her guy are looking to move closer to portland as his boys are there and he misses them...its quite a trek going over the mountain from bend to visit with them for all. soooooo...help me please research the sunshine factor for my mama as she really enjoys life in bend (central oregon for those of you not familiar with that area... ) and will miss the wonderful sunny days there should they move to the valley.

is eugene area sunnier/warmer than portland area?
any feedback is much appreciated. i'm not living there so i don't know...i'm in minnesota.
There is Sun in Oregon? LOL, the only areas that I know of that dont get as much rain as willamette valley is central oregon, and maybe the Sandy area, I lived there 34 years and was so glad to finally dry out.

Old 10-03-2006, 01:25 PM

1,890 posts, read 3,993,470 times
Portland really doesn't have microclimates- you are either in the wet part of the state (Willamette Valley and anything West of the Cascades) or you are in high desert (Eastern/Central) Oregon. Portland is wet and there is no getting around it.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:16 PM

31 posts, read 141,847 times
And people wonder why Oregon is sOOOOooo green.
Maybe because it rains so much? Haha
I live in Sandy..The weather is CONSTANTLY changing here.
We get a lot of MIST, but not really rain.

Old 10-20-2006, 09:48 PM

295 posts, read 46,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomeghandmama View Post
hi wondering where those sun pockets are closest to portland and also closest to mt. hood... is eugene area sunnier/warmer than portland area?
Hood River valley, less than an hour east of PDX, is significantly sunnier and drier. It is nestled between the northeast slopes of Mt Hood and the Columbia River Gorge, and is filled with orchards.
So yes, Oregon does have microclimates, and this is the premier example!

No, Eugene is just as wet (and foggier) than Portland.

Old 11-23-2006, 05:38 PM

43 posts, read 124,674 times
Default Oregon Weather

Seriously, some of the above posts don't know what they are talking about.
OREGON, as a whole, has very different climates. If you are on the West of the Cascades, you will have a TON of rain...however, this stops at Roseburg where the weather becomes good again. The other side of the mountains is 4 season desert dry type weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland