Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 01:28 AM

146 posts, read 300,310 times

Advertisements

Loving these posts, everyone. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 02:21 AM

128 posts, read 183,172 times
I love this thread! Great idea! I am planning on moving to the Portland area next summer, along with my boyfriend, sister, and brother...so these posts really help give me a taste of the type of things we will also be doing and seeing

Old 05-28-2013, 08:34 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,440,203 times
My week started on Sunday at PDX airport. I had an early lunch at the Rogue Brewery, because I wasn't in the mood for Gustav's again since I had them for breakfast the week before. I perused both Powell's book stores there for reading material on the airplane.

Went to El Paso where I went to a Sushi Place on Monday that had Sake One products, then a Steak Place that served Ninkasi.

I came back home Wednesday Morning where I rode MAX from the Airport all the way to the Beaverton Transit center. Walked home from there and then went into work to finish up some paperwork. I then hopped online real quick and did my mid-term for one of my classes through PCC.

Thursday, Friday and Saturday were spent in a warehouse supervising a bunch of temp workers as they deconstructed and disposed of assets. Thursday lunch was at Hawaiian Time, Friday dinner was from the salad bar at Whole Foods. Sunday breakfast was from the hot bar at New Seasons.

Sunday morning I drove up to Seattle, we went to the new Bev-Mo in Ballard near the Fred Meyers and picked out a Vodka from New Deal Distillery and visited with some friends who moved from Portland about two years ago for a job at Adobe. We had dinner at a nice little Indian Place in the University District and then spent the night in a boutique hotel nearby. The place is dog friendly, but rely a little too heavily on IKEA furniture for my taste.

Yesterday we drove out to Leavenworth, then looped home on Highway 97 which comes out just east of the Maryhill Musuem. We drove along the north side of the river, crossing back into Oregon at Hood River. We went wine tasting in town, and then had dinner at Nora's Table.

Due to the huge amount of rain there was an accident on I-84 somewhere west of Multnomah Falls. We were stuck in traffic for about an hour, but finally got off at the Ainsworth Park Exit which allowed us to drive the old Columbia River Highway instead. As we came into town we were going to stop at the Rose Festival Fun Center, or whatever they're calling it this year, but decided to do that a little later in the week.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:34 AM

638 posts, read 1,178,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieR View Post
I am interested in where you found this awesome fresh crab. My daughters and I are moving to the area in July (hubby is already there) and our oldest daughter loves crab (most any seafood, actually). Any info on fresh seafood would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
So many great places for fresh seafood! Here's a list-- Fresh seafood restaurant Portland, OR We happened to go to #9 this weekend.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:13 PM

13 posts, read 28,441 times
Thank you, doggiemama! I'm sure we'll use this list!!

Old 05-29-2013, 08:48 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,567,401 times
Ok, here it goes. 10 days ago I was in surgery for many hours at OHSU. The health care team was great, I popped up for air the next day and waltzed out the door. The nature of my surgery limits my activities and lifting so have 'allowed' DH to wait on me hand and vacuum cleaner.

I am very pleased with the medical care I received and went into this knowing that there would be a lot of limitations for a couple months.

Do I wish I could be enjoying the Rose Festival festivities, you bet! But right now I am enjoying the superb health care available in Portland.

Smelling roses...
Nell

Old 05-29-2013, 09:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,918 times
Default Biggest Week of my Life

Within this weeks time, I packed up everything that would fit into a suitcase and a back pack, took a road trip from Chicago (my past home), and arrived in Portland (my new Home) Friday evening! Since I arrived I went downtown, explored for a few hours, and have had two job interviews! I move into my new place tomorrow! Next step, NEW FRIENDS!

Old 05-30-2013, 03:00 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,145,093 times
Welcome to the "New Kid" in town. Hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:07 AM

15 posts, read 15,975 times
Love this thread! Keep the updates coming Portlanders (is that what I'm supposed to call you?), as I am moving to your beautiful city later this summer from Chicago. (Yikes!)

Old 05-31-2013, 08:26 AM

892 posts, read 1,593,103 times
This week has been stupid busy. Usually it's, work - go home, rinse and repeat.

- Tuesday was our regular Tuesday night trivia. Cheap hamburgers and one of these days, we'll win.
- Wednesday was People's Republic of Portland at Portland Center Stage. Fun show. We had pizza at Oven & Shaker. It was great crust but the sauce is a little lacking and the octopus seemed canned. Next time, we're getting a different pie.
- Thursday was Rock of Ages at the Keller. Really fun and goofy show. The Keller has horrid acoustics for musicals but I hear it's really good for operas. Had dinner at House of Ramen, pretty good and tasty although the miso base isn't what I would think of as miso.
- Tonight is my slow night so I'm going to go run along the Springwater Corridor.
- Saturday we have a Thorns game and will probably take the bus in. And if we're home when the telephone guy comes, we're going to help our elderly neighbor get her phone fixed.
- Sunday is bike orienteering at Stub Stewart with Columbia River Orienteering Club. I've not done bike orienteering and I can't remember the last time I've ridden my bike off road. I just hope I don't fall and break something.

Next week is, go to work - go home, rinse and repeat and I'm kind of looking forward to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland