Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2013, 04:47 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
People help out by providing information.
Yes! Get back to being helpful and provide information instead of juding the OP.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:49 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,452,718 times
Kids,
Knock it off or I'll put you in the car and take you to Forest Park and sell you to the homeless people!

Old 06-11-2013, 04:49 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
He is asking for information. City Data exists to provide information. It's simple as that. That's not asking for help. Asking for help would be asking to sleep in your back yard or a room in your house, or money for housing or food, etc. He didn't ask any of those things. He merely asked for information----just like 90% of the people who post in these forums.

His not moving here last year is no proof of a fraud. People start researching years before making a move. It's very common. There is a nurse in the main Oregon forum who is asking questions for a move she plans to make in 4 years. I started asking questions about the West Coast, a year prior to getting around to go on vacation.
You are missing the point. Check out the forum. We have many people who post here leave and then return. This is not unusual. But this guy came here, caused trouble and returned doing the same thing. What we are trying to point out is that he is not truly wanting information, he is wanting to rile things up.

It isn't his coming and going, again, many have done that, no problem. It's his purpose of coming and going to cause trouble and insult people. Everyone has the right to live the way they want to live. He tears people down because they choose to live in homes, work and own things. That is their choice.
He slams the very people who were once homeless as he says he is simply because they chose to no longer be homeless and took a different path from his. He allows no one to be different form himself.

He is very unaccepting of other people's lifestyles and has choosen the Portland forum to do his dirty preaching. It is not the homeless people are arguing against here, it is this one person who is narrow minded and unaccepting of others. It's his way or the highway.

And he is so full of contradictions, you just cannot believe anything he says. If you have not gotten that by now, continue to defend him because like his other defender, I guess there is no convincing you.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:50 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,142,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Nasty language? Please point out an obscenities that I have used here. And stop trying to yelp orders at me.

You don't get to decide how other people should post, which is the real problem here. I suggest that you stop trolling this thread.
Quote:
nas·ty
adjective \ˈnas-tē\
nas·ti·ernas·ti·est
Definition of NASTY
a : disgustingly filthy
b : physically repugnant
2 : indecent, obscene
3 : mean, tawdry
a : extremely hazardous or harmful <a nasty undertow>
b : causing severe pain or suffering <a nasty wound> <a nasty fall>
c : sharply unpleasant : disagreeable <nasty weather>
a : difficult to understand or deal with <a nasty problem> <a nasty curveball>
b : psychologically unsettling : trying <a nasty fear that she was lost>
6 : lacking in courtesy or sportsmanship <a nasty trick>
Again with the names. If anyone is trolling, though, it's you.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:52 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Minervah, you need to accept that not everyone is going to see things the same way that you do. Not everyone has the kind of obvious emotional investment in this forum as you do either. It really is only the Internet. Some of you are always here, and that isn't healthy. You seem so obsessed with this poster that it's -- bizarre. I find it particularly weird that you have apparently followed him to other boards. What is the point?

Old 06-11-2013, 04:54 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
You are missing the point. Check out the forum. We have many people who post here leave and then return. This is not unusual. But this guy came here, caused trouble and returned doing the same thing. What we are trying to point out is that he is not truly wanting information, he is wanting to rile things up.

It isn't his coming and going, again, many have done that, no problem. It's his purpose of coming and going to cause trouble and insult people. Everyone has the right to live the way they want to live. He tears people down because they choose to live in homes, work and own things. That is their choice.
He slams the very people who were once homeless as he says he is simply because they chose to no longer be homeless and took a different path from his. He allows no one to be different form himself.

He is very unaccepting of other people's lifestyles and has choosen the Portland forum to do his dirty preaching. It is not the homeless people are arguing against here, it is this one person who is narrow minded and unaccepting of others. It's his way or the highway.

And he is so full of contradictions, you just cannot believe anything he says. If you have not gotten that by now, continue to defend him because like his other defender, I guess there is no convincing you.
If the above in bold is true, he wouldn't accomplish that goal if you merely provided information without getting riled up.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:55 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Enrico, this is my last post to you before I put you on ignore, but do keep that list next to your monitor. It describes many of your posts quite well. Have a great rest of the day trying to be someone online.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:57 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,142,138 times
As I said, nasty. Thanks for the confirmation.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:00 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,452,718 times
Quote:

I'm sure City Data appreciates those of us who are providing helpful
supportive information over those who are hurling insults and calling the OP a
troll.
Well Hopes,
After reading all your posts in this thread, you used two of them to tell us Pittsburgh has woods and is cold in the winter and you once knew a homeless person.

So helpful and supportive.

All your other posts were bashing, insulting, and arguing with other posters in this thread.

Looks like he has suckered you in too.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:00 PM

135 posts, read 222,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Minervah, you need to accept that not everyone is going to see things the same way that you do. Not everyone has the kind of obvious emotional investment in this forum as you do either. It really is only the Internet. Some of you are always here, and that isn't healthy. You seem so obsessed with this poster that it's -- bizarre.
It certainly SEEMS that way doesn't it? Besides, how is ASKING for INFO trouble making? Maybe my definition of trouble making differs from my detractors.. And I am tired of them ASSUMING I have been here b4 under other aliases! But you know the saying, "haters gonna hate"! I am glad I see a few on here who are more understanding of what I've been saying.. And I take comfort in that, not all here are lost.. Some have open minds(not many though).. Nothing wrong with a poor/homeless person trying to "think ahead", and plan for my future dire circumstances so I may actually survive when I arrive.. Seems like good sense to me.. Am I wrong??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland