Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 04:36 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times

Advertisements

Again, there's been much worse said here than what he just typed, and you didn't yelp about that. Can't have it both ways.

What people are probably laughing about is a bunch of seniors chasing their tails over a homeless guy.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 07-24-2013 at 05:04 PM..

Old 07-24-2013, 04:57 PM

1,378 posts, read 3,210,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homelessadvocate View Post
Yet another perfect example of what I was referring to... Yes, if your IN America you SHOULD speak American(not Mexican, sorry we really don't speak that here).. But you are correct, you do spread, just like the song(you know which song I mean right?).. Im sure you'll fit right in.. And believe it or not I DIDN'T start out this way, with an attitude towards Mexicans, I used to like them, seriously.. Then I started living around them, and THEY changed me.. So if your going to blame someone, blame your fellow tecate swilling lazy dirty compadres for making a non-racist into a part-racist!!
Speak American? Mexico is in North America.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:11 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,211,652 times
Default I lived in Downtown Savannah Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homelessadvocate View Post
Well, I would imagine that they were caught mainly because they had a permanent camp site.. My idea is to set up a hammock(or waterproof tent) only after dark, sleep til just before dawn, wake up, pack EVERYTHING up(I have very little anyway) and walk into downtown for services.. And every night I sleep I find different spots in the park.. How many homeless actually do this? I'll bet most of them put up a tent and keep it up for a least a few nights..I wouldn't do that.. But do cops actually go into the woods at night looking for homeless?

for several years. Large homeless population. Some mentally ill, some addicted, some victims of something or the other, a few prefer it. No one has more than they could carry. They prey on each other so no one leaves a tent or sleeping bag anywhere. They pick climates that are warm the year round; tourists areas are popular since they fix on the tourists as marks. Many empty houses here to crash in. Hostels to sleep in; food canteens all over. Cops move them along. No one loiters.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:16 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,450,202 times
Quote:
What people are probably laughing about is a bunch of seniors chasing their tails over a homeless guy.
If you haven't noticed, no one (seniors included) really cares anymore about this guy.
If you didn't post on this thread and keep bumping it up, it would probably die a very quick death.
Why do you insist on keeping it alive?

It seems like you crave the attention that you're getting?

Old 07-24-2013, 05:38 PM

2,318 posts, read 4,622,791 times
Carl Reiner's Cream Cheese Cookies

Ingredients:
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
9 tablespoons white sugar
3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Cream the cheese and butter together. Add the flour, sugar and nuts. Mix well.
Drop dough by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten thin with wet fingers. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool before removing from pan.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:50 PM

Great idea!

But in honor of this threads Original Poster, Senor Homelessadvocato, I propose that we share our favorite "Mexican" owned businesses.

My vote is for the restaurant "Super Torte" with locations in Oregon City, and on Woodstock Blvd, a little east of 52 Ave.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:56 PM

1,378 posts, read 3,210,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Great idea!

But in honor of this threads Original Poster, Senor Homelessadvocato, I propose that we share our favorite "Mexican" owned businesses.

My vote is for the restaurant "Super Torte" with locations in Oregon City, and on Woodstock Blvd, a little east of 52 Ave.

Casa Amiga, Grants Pass.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:10 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Tienda Santa Cruz #2 in St. Johns. Awesome Mexican bakery and market, plus some of the best tacos and tortas in Oregon...

But probably the best taco stand I've found in the area is Ochoa's Lupitas on Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway near Jesuit High. Oh man, those tacos are so good and cheap($1) and they have every type of Mexican meat filling from al pastor and chicharon to barbacoa and birria de chivo--plus they have an amazing salsa bar(especially for such a small stand).

Old 07-24-2013, 08:33 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
If you haven't noticed, no one (seniors included) really cares anymore about this guy.
If you didn't post on this thread and keep bumping it up, it would probably die a very quick death.
Why do you insist on keeping it alive?

It seems like you crave the attention that you're getting?
I don't think you're really getting that I'm not the one(s) constantly yelping for this thread to "die;" it doesn't matter to me what it does. I just think it's weird that some of you are actually messaging others trying to bully them into jumping on your bandwagon. It's an Internet forum, that's all.

If I'm getting attention here, at least it's keeping you lot from piling up on someone else. And honestly, I do not enjoy attention from creepy old men.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:35 PM

So as not to stereotype our tecate swilling, circus music blaring brethren, I think that it would be a great thing to include non food businesses also!

By the way, I wonder if HA realizes that sound of "circus music" he is hearing is a direct result of German and Eastern European immigrants settling in Mexico during the 1800's that influenced mexican music with their music, such as polkas, etc.....

It would probably get turned around and said that the Mexicans had stolen it from the white people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland