Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 05:15 PM

5,458 posts, read 8,176,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Portland you get full nude strip clubs, naked fire dancers, and go go dancers/burlesque dancers.
And don't forget "America's most famous vegan strip club."
Cory Booker and Portland stripper: Tweets put vegan Casa Diablo in spotlight | OregonLive.com

Casa Diablo ~ First Ever Vegan Strip Club, Naked Vegetarian/Vegan Girls: Portland, Oregon (US) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 05:20 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Casa Diablo is a really dirty club. You can see some things you never thought you would see before.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:44 PM

5,458 posts, read 8,176,344 times
Quote:
Casa Diablo is a really dirty club. You can see some things you never thought you would see before.
Are vegan sausages somehow involved"

Old 10-02-2013, 08:37 PM

370 posts, read 1,010,213 times
Quote:
Portland you get full nude strip clubs, naked fire dancers, and go go dancers/burlesque dancers.
Haha... I won't bother trying to compete with strip clubs. I know a lost cause when I see one. I guess I know how you guys stay cheerful in the winter now

Old 10-02-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric75 View Post
Haha... I won't bother trying to compete with strip clubs. I know a lost cause when I see one. I guess I know how you guys stay cheerful in the winter now
A double shot of Jameson and a hot naked girls doing amazing stunts on stage.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:31 PM

99 posts, read 155,332 times
Don't be scared off by the Portlanderthals who - again - think Portland is the 'end all, be all'. Give it a shot and go to Richmond and experience a new city/culture. I know that suggesting so is blasphemy to many in PDX because PDX is "so cool, hipster, uber-chic, etc.,etc" and everyone is the world is clamoring to get to Portland because of these self-proclaimed attributes. What do you have to lose? You can come back to boring old Portland anytime - but I bet you don't.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyBilly View Post
Don't be scared off by the Portlanderthals who - again - think Portland is the 'end all, be all'. Give it a shot and go to Richmond and experience a new city/culture. I know that suggesting so is blasphemy to many in PDX because PDX is "so cool, hipster, uber-chic, etc.,etc" and everyone is the world is clamoring to get to Portland because of these self-proclaimed attributes. What do you have to lose? You can come back to boring old Portland anytime - but I bet you don't.
That is false, but if one is expecting to find what Portland has in Richmond, they will be horribly disappointed.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:39 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,776,713 times
Bs.

I know Portland. I know Seattle. I'm from Boston. I'm a Yankee. I love living in Richmond, which has a lot of the same stuff Portland has, albeit in smaller quantities, but with much better weather, much better economy, and much cheaper.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Portland. But I'd much rather live in Richmond. Same with my friend in bend whose lived in both, she'd move back to Richmond in a heartbeat if she could.

And if you want to look at google, you'll find the hard data to back me up. City population is growing, house prices are going, restaurants are increasing etc. etc. all facts, which have only one meaning - places as dismal as claimed don't have that many million dollar house sales...

Is Richmond Portland now? No. But it reminds me a lot of Portland in 2001.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlesaf3 View Post
Bs.

I know Portland. I know Seattle. I'm from Boston. I'm a Yankee. I love living in Richmond, which has a lot of the same stuff Portland has, albeit in smaller quantities, but with much better weather, much better economy, and much cheaper.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Portland. But I'd much rather live in Richmond. Same with my friend in bend whose lived in both, she'd move back to Richmond in a heartbeat if she could.

And if you want to look at google, you'll find the hard data to back me up. City population is growing, house prices are going, restaurants are increasing etc. etc. all facts, which have only one meaning - places as dismal as claimed don't have that many million dollar house sales...

Ugh, the Virginia weather is awful, but that is a subjective term. Unless there has been major improvements in Richmond in the past decade, I would compare it more to 1990 Portland without the light rail.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:04 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,452,718 times
Quote:
Ugh, the Virginia weather is awful, but that is a subjective term. Unless there has been major improvements in Richmond in the past decade, I would compare it more to 1990 Portland without the light rail.

That's about the time frame Portland really started becoming a magnet for people.

If Richmond truly has what Portland "had" back then, expect it to quadruple in size within the next few years.

It will never just be plain old Richmond again.

Maybe everyone will move there instead of here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland