Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 11:27 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,145,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyBilly View Post
A lot of insane and asinine reasons to pick PDX over SEA. Start with jobs and opportunities: Hands down it's better - much better - in SEA and it's not even close. Throw in culture, nightlife, scenic beauty and relevance on both a national and international scale, and the distance gets even greater. Portland is a small town where everyone worries about things that no one else outside a 50 mile radius even cares about or knows about (i.e. Silicon Forest, the Pearl, Keep PDX weird, MAXX, etc.) It's the big fish in a small pond meets 'short man's' complex in PDX. Really - people list reasons to pick PDX over SEA because of things like airplane noise, fluoride in water and because light rail is confusing???? I guess that about sums it up between PDX and SEA and those who live there!! Hey, more folks in PDX use Tide instead of Clorox so I'm moving there - kinda ridiculous right!!??
You don't get to decide what someone else's criteria for choosing where they live is. Different things are more important to different people.

What's ridiculous is living, and hanging around a message board for, somewhere you have such loathing for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 990 times
Need job here in portland, just arrived from philippines

Old 10-06-2013, 01:07 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,567,401 times
I assume you have authorization to work in the US. If you do I suggest you look at the job listings on Craigslist. If you don't know how to do that stop at your nearest library where someone will show you.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:00 PM

99 posts, read 155,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you live outside of a 50 mile radius, yet you seem to be obsessed with Portland and how irrelevant you think it is.
I have a hard time taking anyone seriously who lists as being from Bayonne NJ......

Old 10-06-2013, 06:52 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyBilly View Post
I have a hard time taking anyone seriously who lists as being from Bayonne NJ......
I am not from Bayonne, I am from Portland, and I can't take someone seriously who clearly lives over 50 miles away from Portland and has a deep seeded hatred for Portland and feels they need to post on a Portland page about how much they hate Portland.

When was the last time you were even in Portland? You sound like you know nothing about the city.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:43 AM

56 posts, read 93,084 times
your priorities seem somewhat weird, move to portland, ud fit right in lol

Old 10-07-2013, 07:11 PM

99 posts, read 155,365 times
It's very clear to me that there aren't a lot of people who've relocated from Seattle to Portland, hence the lack of responses on this forum to your original post. That, in and of itself, should tell you something.........

Old 10-07-2013, 09:21 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,145,093 times
Yeah, it's really telling. From the couple dozen or so people from Portland who regularly post on this board ... none moved here from Seattle and want to offer advice. It's telling ... nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: