Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 10:48 AM

26,631 posts, read 36,627,544 times

Advertisements

I can live without him, his messages asking me to stop by his house, and his constant following me around this forum (he was practically stalking me here) with his put-downs, the misinformation that he posts and the fights he constantly tried to pick several other posters, not to mention his gay-bashing and preaching. I'm glad he's gone, and I hope it stays that way. It's probably not cool to talk about others who aren't posting here at the moment, but that guy crapped in almost every thread here.

The forums were actually quieter when he was here because people had stopped posting because they were tired of the attacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 11:06 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,499,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Saw the renderings on Skyscraperpage.
Central Eastside News - Page 41 - SkyscraperPage Forum
Interesting design. There's a big mixed use building that's going in the Lloyd Center area as well--ground was broken this summer. There's still some land in both areas that could be re-developed--it makes sense to build more stuff there if the market is right as it's right in the center of transit routes--and it's a good place to build new infill instead a lot of the increasingly congested Southeast corridors. I'm hoping though that they don't tear down any of the nicer older buildings down SE Grand.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:18 AM

5,445 posts, read 8,152,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I can live without him,.................. the fights he constantly tried to pick several other posters, .....................................
The pot calling the kettle black.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:38 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,445,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
It's really quiet around here lately, I see more Portland posters commenting on other parts of the forum.
I pop in most days but have been busy with work lately. Since I live in Vancouver (now that's a dead board!), I usually avoid all the threads dealing more with the political-type issues and just chime in on the "should I move to Portland" posts but I do also enjoy the "Tell us about your week" thread.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:48 AM

26,631 posts, read 36,627,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
The pot calling the kettle black.
I certainly don't need to defend myself to you, but I don't pretend to have lived everywhere, I don't post misinformation about various places, and I don't send people messages asking them to come over to my home or stalk their posts. Anyway, it doesn't really feel right to be gossiping about him, so I'm out of this thread. Have a great day, now.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 11-14-2013 at 11:59 AM..

Old 11-14-2013, 11:59 AM

4,828 posts, read 7,440,244 times
Maybe Portland is losing it's shine, and people are interested in other places?

What City Data forums are the most active?
As far as thread and post counts go, it looks like Texas is way out in first place, with North Carolina (why?) coming in a close second.

Where is the trendy place to move to nowadays?

Last edited by pdxMIKEpdx; 11-14-2013 at 12:13 PM..

Old 11-14-2013, 12:12 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,499,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post

What City Data forums are the most active?
Looks like Texas is way out in first place, with North Carolina (why?) coming in a close second.
Well, Texas has a Texas-sized forum and Texans love to talk in length about their state(as well the fact that it's a really popular relocation spot these days) so that makes sense. North Carolina gets a lot of transplants and has some fast growing metros but no idea why it'd be that high--more active than California and New York and Florida. Interestingly, the Oregon forum is slightly less active than New Mexico's yet, Alaska's is more active than us(and ahead of Washington)...

I've been checking out the Washington and Seattle forums lately, and the Portland forum is downright civil and polite compared to what goes on in that one...

Old 11-14-2013, 12:15 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,440,244 times
Civil and polite (with a bit of passive-aggressiveness tossed in) used to be a well known trait of Oregonians, at least it used to be in the old days before the invasions started.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:49 PM

2,656 posts, read 3,847,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Civil and polite (with a bit of passive-aggressiveness tossed in) used to be a well known trait of Oregonians, at least it used to be in the old days before the invasions started.
Well - maybe one could use the word "boring" too.
It is a nice place to live there is no doubt on that. I am happy to be here.

I think sometimes though, the medical maijuana smoke permeates the air too much and makes locals, as they are proud to tout - "very laid back."

While one does not have to get riled up about EVERY single topic.
There should be some things people give sh** about.
If nothing else, it makes life interesting and maybe you can get someone to think differently on a topic.
I have found life long PDX folks overall tend to walk away from "spirited debate."

Every once in a while it is good to run into a New Jersey or Chicago guy just to get the juices flowing.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:52 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,422,522 times
I have been pulling away from the forums because I am tired of the Conservative bent in the forums that manifests it's way into the moderation team.

That and I'm starting my own business right now since I'm tired of "working for the man." I want to be "the man" for once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland