Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 08:58 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,749,740 times

Advertisements

@EnricoV, hamellr

Mahalo for your post. Let me know if you need info to find something? Im here to spread aloha. I will be posting alot more stuff in the future ok. And i hope others will too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 10:18 PM
YaB

26 posts, read 40,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Noho's was (I think) the first Hawaiian restaurant around, and is still my favorite.
I'll be sure to keep that restaurant in mind, I have quite a few restaurants to try when I visit next month, I may not be able to try them all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
@sayulita,YaB

Mahalo guys for your posts.

There is a great Hula Hālau called ‘Ohana Holo‘oko‘a. They do alot of events in the Portland Area. Where they perform. If you interested in a little culture then here is a few upcoming events.
Thanks hawaiian by heart! Where in Hawaii are you from? You miss home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Couple of other great Hawaiian places to add to your list are in the suburbs.

Roxy's Island Grill - Southwest Portland - Beaverton, OR | Yelp
Hapa Grill - Beaverton, OR | Yelp

I have a number of Hawaiian co-workers who love these places.

Also check out 808 Grinds, they're a food cart so tend to be mobile. They have a static location at the 9th and Alder Food Cart pod.
Thanks Hamellr, I'll be sure to add that on my list of places to eat and have it mapped.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:20 PM

@YaB

Yes i miss Hawaii, but i have two homes. I was born in Oahu and lived mostly in Honolulu with some time in Waipahu almost went to kaimuki high. I miss the small unique things the most like real malasadas, real good crack seed or li hing mui, nani asian or hapa haole wahines lol, just real diversity. Its been a very long time since I have been home. So are you from Hawai'i?? If yes where from?

Old 02-12-2014, 08:25 AM

7 posts, read 11,374 times
Hawaiian by heart your name sure fits you and your love for the beauty and simple times of Hawaii come through in your words. Hopefully you will go back home someday if that is your wish.
Down here in s. Oregon we had a place called bruddah joes and it was Ono.. Gone after 2 years, a lot of customers but I think it was a lot for such a young guy to have going on his life. Best Mac evah

Old 02-12-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon to kauai View Post
Hawaiian by heart your name sure fits you and your love for the beauty and simple times of Hawaii come through in your words. Hopefully you will go back home someday if that is your wish.
Down here in s. Oregon we had a place called bruddah joes and it was Ono.. Gone after 2 years, a lot of customers but I think it was a lot for such a young guy to have going on his life. Best Mac evah
Aloha sistah, I hope you don't mind me asking? Where in S.Oregon do you live? I ask because if its eugene? I know a few events and hawai'i ono grindz places i could post or give you info on.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:41 PM

4,059 posts, read 5,616,772 times
Probably not precisely what you're looking for, but the operators of Cafe Hibiscus hail from Hawaii.

Cafe Hibiscus - Northeast Portland - Portland, OR

Old 02-12-2014, 12:49 PM

1,012 posts, read 1,543,238 times
We order from Ate oh Ate a lot-e.
It is an interesting mix of Korean, Japanese, and Hawaiian.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:01 PM
YaB

26 posts, read 40,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
@YaB

Yes i miss Hawaii, but i have two homes. I was born in Oahu and lived mostly in Honolulu with some time in Waipahu almost went to kaimuki high. I miss the small unique things the most like real malasadas, real good crack seed or li hing mui, nani asian or hapa haole wahines lol, just real diversity. Its been a very long time since I have been home. So are you from Hawai'i?? If yes where from?
That's great, I know some of my friends that are from Waipahu that now live here in Arizona. There are actually a lot of people that are from Hawaii that live in Phoenix. I went to college with a lot of em' in DeVry. I love the food from Hawaii, but I was never a fan of the li hing mui by itself. But I like the gummi bears that are seasoned with the li hing mui, so good. When we visit, we always stop by at the swap meet to stock up on some items to bring back.

I'm actually not from Hawaii , but my girlfriend is. She visits from time to time to see her family, her parents are from Waianae, and her entire family still live there. Very beautiful place, I wouldn't mind living anywhere in Hawaii.

How long has it been since you've been home?

Old 02-12-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaB View Post
That's great, I know some of my friends that are from Waipahu that now live here in Arizona. There are actually a lot of people that are from Hawaii that live in Phoenix. I went to college with a lot of em' in DeVry. I love the food from Hawaii, but I was never a fan of the li hing mui by itself. But I like the gummi bears that are seasoned with the li hing mui, so good. When we visit, we always stop by at the swap meet to stock up on some items to bring back.

I'm actually not from Hawaii , but my girlfriend is. She visits from time to time to see her family, her parents are from Waianae, and her entire family still live there. Very beautiful place, I wouldn't mind living anywhere in Hawaii.

How long has it been since you've been home?
Oh god since about the 80s(long time huh? im old lol) I love crackseed. Just love li hing mui wet mango and lemon peel and ika legs. Going to try the new pineapple li hing mui. Well brah your blessed, all wahine from Hawaii are unique, nani.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turquoise1 View Post
We order from Ate oh Ate a lot-e.
It is an interesting mix of Korean, Japanese, and Hawaiian.
Did you enjoy it? I haven't tried them yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland