Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 11:12 AM

10,988 posts, read 20,500,061 times

Advertisements

First 3+ acre properties are very hard to find. Our urban growth management is structured to preserve economically viable agricultural units.

Without being specific about a school or the source of the rating we don't really know how to answer. The Oregon Schools website has demographic and economic (school lunches) data, that may provide the answers you are seeking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 04:33 PM

45 posts, read 51,621 times
Three+ acres! Is that even possible? Are you finding much on the market with that lot size?

Old 02-12-2015, 11:09 PM

1 posts, read 901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mares View Post
This has been a really helpful thread! We're slated to move to the area (following husbands job to Beaverton) but we're still unsure about where to move. We'd really like something more rural (house on maybe three+ acres), but the school ratings are horrible. For instance unincorporated Hillsboro. Opinions? Is is mostly just due to ESL students not testing well, or are the schools really that bad? I know it's not all about the test scores. This is stressful!
from looking thru the 2014 testing scores, you can definitely see a major difference between Hillsboro schools and Beaverton schools. It isn't all about test scores, but it is a good indicator of the education that the children are receiving.

I did a quick search and there are a few homes on 3+ acres west of the river but it also depends on your budget. My last client had school as a top priority and we ended up finding a home around Finley Middle school (NW Portland area). I personally like that area and the schools, but I am biased as I grew up there

Old 02-13-2015, 10:14 PM

10,988 posts, read 20,500,061 times
Finley school is a K-5 grade school in the Beaverton School District.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland