U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 04:28 PM

6 posts, read 6,431 times

Advertisements

I am new to the area but I am looking for a single family home to rent in Lake Oswego, Oregon. I have searched Craigslist, Homes.com, Trulia, Rent.com... Any and all online sites I can find. I feel like I am missing something. Are there other ways to search for HOUSES for rent? If something worked really well for you please let me know.. I must find a house to rent soon! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 06:27 PM

210 posts, read 199,337 times
Try Padmapper, Zillow and Craigslist: Clackamas County.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:00 PM

473 posts, read 701,492 times
Yeah, not sure what you are missing, or perhaps something is missing in your description of what you are looking for? I just went to Craigslist, searched for "Lake Oswego," checked "house" under "housing type" and got 26 results.

Old 12-24-2014, 06:35 PM

1,548 posts, read 1,886,264 times
There seem to be a lot of these I-can't-figure-out-anything-for-myself threads lately"

I have three theories why this occurs.

1. They don't have a clue that Portland is in fact pretty expensive. "I keep putting in $1200 a month but keep coming back with nothing. I don't understand where there are no $1,200 month houses in million dollar neighborhoods."

I see 24 houses for rent in right now in Lake Oswego. Price range from $1200-5200/mo. The average is only about $2600.

portland apartments & rentals - craigslist "HOUSE LAKE OSWEGO." That was really hard.

Just click here http://portland.craigslist.org/searc...se+lake+oswego

2. They are looking for a magic reply like: "I'm a landlord I have the perfect house it's a 4000 sq foot 5 bedroom with 3 car garage and mt hood view, it's only $2000/month for you my city-data buddy, I'll put you right at the front of the line, who cares about fair housing!" Not gonna happen, but maybe they hope it does.

3. People really are getting so lazy with modern technology they want other people to do their research for them. Its like city-data is Siri. "City-data, find me a house in Lake Oswego to rent" "Okay Dave, there are 26 houses to rent in Lake Oswego."

......Oops sorry, There's my surly, obtuse, and snaky Portlander coming out.

No, but seriously I am shocked how few people are able to find stuff out for themselves theses days. There are so many threads of people saying I'm about to move to Portland without doing any in-depth research, I've never even been to the city, I only know what I have read about it, what neighbor hood should I live in? ." Then you have the California elitists who come here with out researching or visiting and then every post is "Wow, it really does rains here a lot" "Portland is so redneck, I thought it was progressive and liberal here." "Portland has terrible food, I thought this was a foodie city." "Does Portland feel like its stuck in 1990?" "Does Portland really deserve it's bike friendly, green and excellent mass transit reputation?" "Where is all the diversity?" "Wow, it rains here a lot" "I'm getting depressed it rains a lot here." FACEPALM.

Old 12-25-2014, 12:22 PM

351 posts, read 1,089,172 times
Don't hold back Andy...... tell us how you really feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
There seem to be a lot of these I-can't-figure-out-anything-for-myself threads lately"

Old 01-04-2015, 04:14 PM

109 posts, read 410,132 times
Craigslist is the best option. I have found my last two rentals this way.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:24 AM

4,063 posts, read 4,250,177 times
I prefer padmapper over CL for the graphical interface and more robust filtering, but there's high overlap in terms of content.

Old 01-06-2015, 03:54 PM

4,380 posts, read 3,458,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
No, but seriously I am shocked how few people are able to find stuff out for themselves theses days... Then you have the California elitists who come here with out researching or visiting and then every post is "Wow, it really does rains here a lot"... "Wow, it rains here a lot" "I'm getting depressed it rains a lot here." FACEPALM.
My roommate was telling me about a co-worker of his who is asking to be transferred back to wherever he came from because of how much it rains here. My roommate asked if he'd done any research before asking to be transferred here in the first place.

I have friends who have lived in this area for a few years now and they want to move from Beaverton to Vancouver. They sent a group of us their price range and requirements/preferences and my first thought upon reading the message was "Yeah, that's not going to happen in this market!" I looked on CL and found two places that met their criteria but both are in areas I wouldn't advise.

Old 01-06-2015, 10:19 PM

9,827 posts, read 16,017,012 times
Everyone should try to find their own version of heaven.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:00 PM

6,969 posts, read 11,771,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmartin View Post
I am new to the area but I am looking for a single family home to rent in Lake Oswego, Oregon. I have searched Craigslist, Homes.com, Trulia, Rent.com... Any and all online sites I can find. I feel like I am missing something. Are there other ways to search for HOUSES for rent? If something worked really well for you please let me know.. I must find a house to rent soon! Thanks!

You might try that old fashioned thing called the telephone. Call some realtors and ask them if they have any rentals. I know it sounds strange but sometimes talking to people works out pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or